Thaksin call the US 'useless friends'

buddha

"I'm surprised the Thai Govt. doesn't keep better statistics and demographics on tourists"

I doubt they really know. The only possible way to figure this out would be by examinging tax statisitics and how reliable do you think tax info from smaller bars and the massage joints would be?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rickfarang said:

"I'm surprised the Thai Govt. doesn't keep better statistics and demographics on tourists"

I doubt they really know. The only possible way to figure this out would be by examinging tax statisitics and how reliable do you think tax info from smaller bars and the massage joints would be?

Perhaps they should ask Heienken to identify who are their 1000 largest non-retail (ie exclude supermarkets) customers. That would probably give them an idea of how much money is spent by foreigners on beer at least. You could throw in Chang and Singha but it would get too confusing in my MHO as they would be predominantly Thai oriententated venues.

Its also fairly easy to ascertain how much foreign money is coming in and being transfered into baht just by looking at ATM useage, bank note transfers etc. But of course this would then open up a huge hole as I guess 70% of it would never show again on any VAT returns ::

Demographics should be considered.

A lot of baby boomer Asians/'Japanese are buying retail properties and paying taxes that seriously compete with the income of the saunk scene. Likely allso seeking medical needs and etc...

Mind you theres the whole unseen generation-X who due to lack of employment or advancement/fullfillment have chosen a lifestyle of being single, frivolously pissing away their every penny.

And consider that up and cominf chinese customers are suffering from a lack of female companions.

Yet demographics do predicate that gen-x will be overshadowed at every turn by both their predecesors and the oncoming echo generation.

Archived