Best location for cross cultural relationship?

chilli13

Guys,

Appreciate your wise advice & it got me thinking that even though I'm already working outside my own country I really should persuade my boss anyday soon to ship me to one of the Asian hot spots preferably BKK, but SIN, KL, SHA, HK, JKT or even Oz would do. my fear is there's better chance of me going west say mexico or just southern europe...

In any case we've already discussed her getting her ass over here, but not in such an extreme way she should quit her rather new found job. instead just hoping her may holidays will go thru?

Of course I could always bum it for a year or 2 burning my savings/pension living unemployed in LOS or even hoping for that odd job, but then it's prolly better for her to come over do that famed overseas master even I'm not sure how high the scandinavian ones rank these days!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you not considering the obvious location and not be unemployed solution? While I am much older than you and am here on a Retirement Visa, I recently met a farang your age who went to the University in the town I used to live. He had a "real job" like you up to 4 years ago but decided to bag it and come to LOS. He teaches English, has a live in Thai girlfriend and a "mia noi". Seems to be having a great life.

If you did this and wanted to continue your career, you would have a much better chance, being located here teaching English and being able to make contacts, than if you tried to get employment in LOS in your professional field from a remote location.

And you could have a great time along the way!!!

Archived