The condo gang

MrX

flyonzewall wrote:

' i am not blind or stupid'

certainly not...one of the more incisive on the board IMHO

'it also very much depends on the environment, not just the 'work you do'. and after a certain age the street poses a much larger attraction than all your best intentions can counter.' and if the street is drugs, easy sex and crime than the attraction is vastly larger than grown ups logic. '

It is not very important what you are attracted to/ experience,..... ..it is how you deal with it which forges your destiny IMHO

'it was for me (and i do remember very well how it was when i was a child).'

think I might match you on on burning up a youth......

'a judging from your post here (the only way i can judge) it does appear that you have lost certain control over who your son associates with. otherwise you would hardly have written that complaint about your son bringing streeturchins you have no idea where they came from into your apartment.'

There was a little rhetoric in the OP which I have already alluded to and tried to explain elsewhere in this thread....

'i have seen children of the age of your son working every sort of streetjobs here in especially the areas of poverty and where lots of prostitutes stay. one of them is drugcouriers for example.'

Be careful Fly .....Nietzche wrote: remember that when you stare into the abyss the abyss also stares back into you.....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>Be careful Fly .....Nietzche wrote: remember that when you stare into the abyss the abyss also stares back into you..... <<<

very true.

that's why the abyss stays in front of my gate. it has no entry into my house. my house is my sacred place of retreat, i surround myself with nice and beautyful things there. to counterbalance the abyss outside.

>>>It is not very important what you are attracted to/ experience,..... ..it is how you deal with it which forges your destiny IMHO<<<

true.

but what you can do is helping your son to be able to deal with it. one day though he will, like every child, take his education into his own hands. i would, before that time comes, take him into a different environment. but that's just me.

i may be a bit too paranoid, its just that i have seen a bit too much of the abyss here.

>>>think I might match you on on burning up a youth......<<<

::

definately possible, but you might not have had the options i have had once... ::

Archived