Pattaya Recommendations: Soapy, Oily

Coloseum

Hi PM,

"Pattaya Music Festival kicks off this weekend

Bars ordered to close during elections

Local elections for mayor and city council seats are being held this Saturday, March 27, and Chanatpong Juabmee, chairman of Pattaya?s Election Monitoring Committee, is urging all eligible voters to vote.

Chanatpong also said that NGO volunteers have been placed in each of the electorates to investigate and monitor anyone intending to run in the local elections. The stiff regulations designed to stamp out vote buying by way of support for local charities or foundations; cash donations, parties or promises of advertising are being carefully monitored to avoid impropriety.

The committee will announce the winners 1 to 2 weeks after the ballot boxes close, or, in a worst-case scenario, 1 to 2 months, in which they will inspect all votes and candidates for correctness. If impropriety is found the election will be re-run with the cost being paid by the perpetrator and legal proceedings will be invoked.

Note: By law, the sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited from 6 p.m. Friday March 26 until midnight Saturday March 27. Please note that this law will be enforced, as many bar owners and managers learned the hard way during the last elections at the beginning of the month."

Pattaya Mail

elef

Not wanting to hi-jack this thread but...

Am I to understand that the weekend of 3rd and 4th of April will be a dead time. Come on guys, hard info needed. I was planning on being out an about on the night of the 4th, my first weekend back from this grothole called China.

(I meant to say in BKK, I'm less bothered about PTY)

M

Hi Radioman,

as some members stay in Pattaya now I guess we soon get feed-back if this weekend or next weekend (or both) having elections!

But 3 weeks ago the election campaigns were very active!

:beer:

elef

Archived