5000 mph jet flight today

OCgringo

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually, that was a NASA test. The Airforce has it's own program with a different SCRAM jet. This one is being developed for commercial aviation purposes.

Wow, that would set you back in your seat though. :up:

I am actually a bit pissed about this one. They are claiming it as the "First" and it ain't!

U of Q in Aus has been working on this for years. Finally they got the go ahead to use same Naza and US Aif Force shit to do the teest and NASA said "Only after we go first"/

So year before Nasa had their first attmept, blew up.

Aussies then got the go ahead, and it was confirmed that they went hypersonic for a few seconds (These flights are "Micro" flights!

NASA very pissed as the Aussies did it on a budget 1/100 of NASA a few million!

JB

Jimmie Blonde said:

I am actually a bit pissed about this one. They are claiming it as the "First" and it ain't!

U of Q in Aus has been working on this for years. Finally they got the go ahead to use same Naza and US Aif Force shit to do the teest and NASA said "Only after we go first"/

So year before Nasa had their first attmept, blew up.

Aussies then got the go ahead, and it was confirmed that they went hypersonic for a few seconds (These flights are "Micro" flights!

NASA very pissed as the Aussies did it on a budget 1/100 of NASA a few million!

JB

agree, I have been following this for a while and the Ozzies are definately the leaders of this tech in my view. And yes they are only tests to prove that the damn engine can actually do it. And the lads downunder did it FIRST. :: :applause:

ib13 said:

great stuff indeed - we just scrapped the supersonic concorde as biz was poor & now they think anyone are going to pay for these fast as ligtning speeds???

Business was not poor.

The Us airline industry through the FAA did its utmost best to kill the Concorde by not allowing that bird to land at any US airport, JFK to begin with.

Seems the US dropped its supersonic project whilst the Concorde went on.

Concorde technology is old. time to replace that bird has come a long way

Archived