Back in the Departure Lounge - sigh ....

gobbledonk

Hi All,

After spending the last 2 weeks with my Indo GF here in Oz, I thought I'd pass on this observation : if you go to Asia, you can bury the things which remind you of your GF and her country deep in your luggage for the duration of a flight, but bringing her to your country is different. You cant escape the traces that she leaves in your home, your town and under your skin when that plane takes off. The last place I wanted to go back to this morning was my own home, and getting into bed alone tonight isnt something I'm looking forward to.

Doesnt matter which way you cut that cake - the departure lounge sucks big time. Why do we put ourselves through this ?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Artie,

I can only dread the day in less than 2 weeks when I will drop off my GF as well after a 3-months stay here......

I can only look forward in another 2-3 months when her final visa will be approved and she will be back in my arms and in my life.

Yeahhh... I know your feeling all too well, I am only happy to say it will be our last separation.....

BB

Here's the most to the point reply I can provide: one day, when you're ready, and if she's as in love with you as vice versa, you'll simply need to throw in the towel and marry her. Otherwise, you'll need to continue to deal with the pain inherent to an LTR.

Good luck.

one day, when you're ready, and if she's as in love with you as vice versa, you'll simply need to throw in the towel and marry her

Hi Blink,

Its not a question of 'throwing in the towel' : I'm prepared to make a committment. My problem is dealing with the reality of bringing M to Oz. At the moment, she has a good job in Jakarta, is surrounded by friends and family and has 90% of what she wants. Although I believe that she enjoyed her stay in Hicksville, I wonder how she would feel about central Qld after 12 months without a job. Given that degree-qualified people struggle to find work in our cliquey, incestuous little town, she seems doomed to waitressing in one of the local restaurants, assuming that she can even land one of those gigs. The transition from a relatively cushy life as an executive secretary to asking people if they'd like to upsize their value meal isnt something I'm eager to foist on her. C'est la Vie :(

Artie,

Fact is we worked very hard the last 2 1/2 months, moving, office, website, etc.... and she is actually happy - this time - to get back home :p go figure......

Then again, her sister has a new baby, mom will get surgery, she has to run around to get all necessary papers for the visa application, all in all, she looks forward to going home, albeight for 2 months only.

BB

Archived