Miss Surin gets lucky

MrX

She was here tonight. Two days ago, on Saturday night, she wasn?t though, and I had asked about her and nobody knew anything. It was strange. Girls usually move heaven and earth to work Saturday night; it?s the cash cow, but Miss Surin ??mai mee?.mai lu? they had repeated in a disjointed unison as I mildly fretted.

She seems somehow younger than the others. Though, in fact, comfortably the Isaan Princess? peer, she is sort of immature and coltish and pretty, of course. This seems a dangerous mix, in their milieu, which demands an invisible iron discipline behind the smiles and a personal radar honed to perfection. She is just the kind of girl for whom the condom breaks too often, or the nutter drifts towards. And strangely, for all her good looks, she doesn?t send much money home. Maybe there is a bloodsucker attached underside.

I could see her sitting topless under the dripping aircon in the booth where the girls ghetto and customers rarely venture except when the bar is maxed out or are specially invited for a birthday party. She smiled down our interrupted line of sight and I vaguely wondered whether she would come over or had other prey already. IP caught us and said non-committally:

?You want me get MS??

?No, I want you? I joked and saw her grimace dismissive.

?What you want?? she said, suddenly serious

? I want sit there? I said, not biting, and gesturing to one of the love-seats a little back from the stage which are far less uncomfortable then the bar- stools. We moved and settled. Then IP went off to dance and I knew really I shouldn?t watch her; should go over to the booth in the corner and introduce myself to Suadum a fellow poster on the Internet message board Soicowboy.com. He had already PMed me before and tried to set up a drink, and it hadn?t worked out. And though I had never met him I already knew that he was here tonight because both our favourite waitress and Si had told me, pointing him out, orchestrating. But I just couldn?t go. I hadn?t had enough of her yet, wanted to lap her up and besides surely he wasn?t going anywhere, would be here for the evening, I thought. Set finished, IP came back, sat down, visibly tired. She had never been strong since the accident.

?I want you pay bar now? she said, reversing an earlier refusal. Unsurprised, I handed over a purple note. As she was going to the cash desk I noticed Suadum and friends getting up to leave. He was being accompanied by Si and our favourite waitress to the door and their eyes were seeking me out. I moved over quickly to cut them off. It was nearly too late because he was already at the door. We exchanged perfunctory greetings and he pointed out Miss Birfday Prezzie, telling me delightedly how she had unexpectedly returned from Surin early. I wondered whether I should introduce him to The Isaan Princess and looked vaguely in the crowd, but she was somehow invisible and by the time I spotted her he was already gone.

Back in the love seat IP asked:

?How you know falang? Suspiciously. I started to explain, but it was obviously useless, above the noise and with us both only sharing pidgins

?Yes?do you?? I retreated.

?I know him Nanapong? she said and but I didn?t know what that meant and didn?t dare or couldn?t be bothered to go into it.

I noticed MS in street clothes passing in front of us grinning, going toward the door with a falang and another girl. Probably a double-header, hope he pays well I thought as I gave her the thumbs up. IP was nestling up to me affectionately and emboldened I started the same old dangerous conversation.

?I like you more before you talk nit noy, now you talk maak ma? she countered, looking away from me, her body slightly less unyielding than I thought it would be and so persisting:

?And why you tell PiJoy you love pom then?? I am going to lose her like this I thought, but how else to move us on and up to some sort of emotional literacy?.

?You have mia already and I work bar, I no want panhaa? She was unanswerable yet still I couldn?t let it go.

?I want you tell me?.

She mock struck at me and threw herself back into the love seat so I could see her face. Despite her soft body, she was upset, somewhere close to tears.

?I go with customer ha sip ha sip?up to customer?yeah up to customer yeh, yeh yeh up to customer?.he want ok?..he no want ok, same same. I no bagwan, I tell you already, you want go with lady bagwan speak, speak, speak speak, Why you always want know?? Crying frankly now, the last word ?know?, emphasized like it lacerated and tore. It was hopeless. It was always going to be hopeless to try and salve the pain of the bar and all the pain that had led to the bar and all the pain that had led to the pain and so on forever. Atlas couldn?t have done it I knew this now, as never before.

? Ok Ok ?chai yen yen? Gently as I could muster.

Time passed. We listened to the music and watched the dancing. Conquered calm

MS came back, short ?time over and sat beside us, smiling triumphantly.

?How are yoou? she asked me.

?No good? I said ? IP think I talk too much?

MS looked taken aback but went on:

?He give me 2000 and want see me tomollow?

?What happened on Saturday I no see you?? I asked, less fretful about her now, more tying up loose ends.

?Go customer. ..He pay bar?boom boom maak ma?.he big same same you? laughing bawdily ? Four thousand? .

IP was looking across at her friend tenderly. They, who have known each since they were children. . They whose young knees were cut by the same stones when they stumbled. They, who were at the same school, punished by the same teachers, lifted by the same occasional praise. They, who lived in the same village in Surin province, their homes separated only by a dogleg in the main street. They, whose mothers meet in the market most days and gossip about their daughters in the city. And next month they, who?ll go home for a holiday together when I go to England. For just an instant, I believed I saw IP clearly, her tears still faintly visible to anyone who knew, in the shadows of her face and I, who wont even be a footnote in her story, in that moment, loved her engulfingly, like the foaming, vibrating water of the fall. And what?s more, I hate the fucking bar I thought.

" I noticed Suadum and friends getting up to leave. He was being accompanied by Si and our favourite waitress to the door and their eyes were seeking me out."

Good to finally meet you too. Next time we'll actually have to sit down and have a beer and a chat. Maybe when I am not coming from & heading off to a biz meeting (jing jing, I was). I did not introduce you to Goatscrot cuz whilst he is a great friend of mine, he also is quite the intense personality and I thought that he may make you uncomfortable. The other two guys are not on this board (although one was an ex-moderator but I never knew his old handle).

"It was nearly too late because he was already at the door. We exchanged perfunctory greetings and he pointed out Miss Birfday Prezzie, telling me delightedly how she had unexpectedly returned from Surin early."

That was Miss Honey, who I have not seen for a couple of years. I did not ask, but the rumour was that she married and moved to the UK or was is Sweden. She was husband hunting when we saw each other regularly. Quite surprised to see her last night (OK, not 100% surprised, or even 80%, but you get the idea). I guess she has been back for a couple of weeks or so, but did not want to sit with me cuz I was always with Si or Miss Prezzie. I told her not to be silly, but she is a nice & gentle girl like Prezzie and hates to cause trouble. She was my regular a couple of years ago and we got along great. Selfishly, it is good to see her back, although I am sad for her that things did not work out. I am curious to hear the story, but I will not ask unless she brings it up first. FYI, Prezzie is still in Surin until ? (prolly another week). I'll introduce you next time.

"'I know him Nanapong' she said and but I didn?t know what that meant and didn?t dare or couldn?t be bothered to go into it."

ROTL. Ask Si or the waitress. They both have known us for a long time and can explain. Suffice to say it is a group of like-minded guys who work very hard, party very hard and bring the grils along for the ride (no, not necessarily THAT kind of ride). Not unheard of to BF a dozen girls and spend B25K at one bar and then go to another to repeat the process. The girls like it because it's fun and not very demanding. There used to be some parties that are now stuff of legend upstairs :D, but none for a long time now. Many of those guys are on this board, too.

Cheers,

SD

PS -- I love your stories. Keep writing!

Great stories Romp :bow:

Glad to hear someone else got the 'you talk too much' scenario. Mine did that to me on the last trip. It is apparenly OK for them to tell you everything and even to not lie to you, but boy it's a slippery path if you start wsking too many questions or put 'them' in a corner, not matter how long you have received the same treatment. :banghead:

Keep up the great posting. ::

suadum wrote:

'Good to finally meet you too.'

good to meet you too

"Next time we'll actually have to sit down and have a beer and a chat."

Yes, good idea. I will probably be spending even more time than usual in The Bar over the next days. Month end I go to the Uk for a 4 week R&R (isn't that what they used to call going to Thailand?) and need to be provisioned up to make it through the desert. So the chances of a beer look good. Next round with IP is set for Wednesday, though not in stone.

"Goatscrot cuz whilst he is a great friend of mine, he also is quite the intense personality and I thought that he may make you uncomfortable."

This is evidently considerate and though I would not question your judgement there have already been some pretty intense characters in the cast of my life.....

"

" he pointed out Miss Birfday Prezzie, telling me delightedly how she had unexpectedly returned from Surin early."[/i]

That was Miss Honey"

Sorry about this.....unfortunately there is a pitiless time-out on the edit post function and I cant change the story.

"'I know him Nanapong' she said and but I didn?t know what that meant and didn?t dare or couldn?t be bothered to go into it."

"Ask Si or the waitress. They both have known us for a long time and can explain."

Actually I kinda knew what Nanpong was (or is) but a) it didnt really fit into a story about Miss Surin...B) I am still ( in real life/real time) exploring my limits vis a vis IPs multiple sexual partners and copious and varied sexual history. Default for her seems to be that she spares me few details and nothing is off limits and while there is a certain fascination in this, somewhere between morbity and voyeurism, it is all in all pretty weird territory which beasts may inhabit. (Some)Thai women seem such an improbable mixture: prudes and sluts at the same time somehow dont you think?

"There used to be some parties that are now stuff of legend upstairs"

Ther is a long thread on a rival board about one such party I think....perhaps you were there.

"PS -- I love your stories. Keep writing!"

Thanks for the encouraging noises

LaoHuLi wrote

"Great stories Romp"

Thanks

"Glad to hear someone else got the 'you talk too much' scenario."

Yes there sure are limits to the charm of inscrutability....

"Mine did that to me on the last trip"

ouch

"It is apparenly OK for them to tell you everything and even to not lie to you, but boy it's a slippery path if you start wsking too many questions or put 'them' in a corner, not matter how long you have received the same treatment"

Ah women!.....but at 8 p.m. in the day of my life, I never thought all this would have graced my door again...

Archived