I Told You So

Torneyboy

We were in Patpong last week having a drink in several bars trying to find one with a crowd and some sort of atmosphere.

As we were crossing back and forward accross the road to different bars we were offered to go to an upstairs bar.

I said no way but my wife had never been and wanted to have a look and a drink..after a few more bars we ended up going into one.

Asked the guy three times"" no cover charge etc"" no ::

The bar had three girls on stage and four customers.

Sat down got our drinks...after a few minutes a lady comes over and shows us a laminated card with 300 thb per person.

At this point i said lets go..just walk away...told no cover charge etc.

i will go get the tourist police...she said no, is only a little ...so we paid .

Then two girls sat down and talked to my wife..while this was happening we had finished the drink and got the bill.

Paid that ..but my wife was slow at getting up to head out .

Saw her give cash to one of the girls.

As we were walking downstairs i aked her what was that all about.

"""The girls asked for 100 thb each for talking to us"" :doah:

When in the next bar she spoke more freely and said she was scared....and gave 20 each.

She now knows why i will never go to these bars...and she now agrees :p

You haven't been reading the board enough (is that possible)???

The two King Groups "upstairs" bars are a blast and no problems.

Queen's Castle - close to Tip Top's. 50 baht drinks until 10:30!!!! You can't beat this price on the street.

Girls in their birthday suits and the stupid BG tricks are a side show to the girls doing the Gogo girl shuffle. (Sorry we can have cheap drinks, good looking girls AND great dancing now can we???).

The other bar (Queen's Castle II), next to Camalot - doesn't have the 50 baht drinks (or it didn't last week), but also no problems with overcharging.

I wouldn't go into any of the other upstairs bars (although I have been tempted to try out the two on Patpong II).

Cheers!

Yes, depends on the bar. Is Supergirls still good? Not been in there for a long time, but never a problem there. What was the name of the bar? (I'm guessing it was Firecats, or what used to be Firecat, as I think they changed their name.)

samak said:

i was in the two queen castle's and in cleopatra (where i was for some time the only customer) and had a drink in each and had a look at another one i can't remember the name

Same as us last week.

Three staff just watching us...as soon as my drink was about an inch left they came over to serve another.

Can''t stand that so we left..same thing in about five bars or so that night :(

Archived