How do you define yourself?

Brink15

The definition is pretty clear. I also think it is pretty clear from the comments here that many people on this board think it means or implies much more than the dictionary definition.

I will confess that I thought it meant someone seconded to another country for a fixed term of service with a package of benefits. (Of course, not being an English teacher and coming from the finance area, I am not only allowed to make this sort of mistake, but expected to do so.) Hence, the term "ex-pat package". In other words, it is one of those words that, in common parlance, means much more than set out in the dictionary definition, making it a "loaded word". (Now someone will quote a definition of "loaded word" to show I also got that wrong ::)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<Sounds like he was pissed. Not unusual, I'm sure he meant no harm>>

I watched him post all these links to the asaid forum while I was ''Checking Whos Online'' --with hindsight I should have guessed it was the silly sod behind it and got him to stop!!

I dont think he meant any harm, but put your self in KS's shoes (I've never met KS and only one Mod have I met, btw), how would you feel if something you'd worked hard on (NanaP) to give a broad bunch of guys throughout the world **free** access to a forum to talk shop....then to have someone try and poach members in such a manner on *his* own board. Just sending a few emails around to spread the word would be a totally fair and ok thing to do, but rubbing KS's nose in the dirt in his own garden isn't the way to go around it. just my POV/O. So no harm done because this is *the* premier LOS site but its about respect. IMHO ;)

Archived