Farang Male Struck on Asoke Intersection by Taxi

dsab

There was story awhile back about a couple of guys who had a car crash on the way home from fishing and some rotten barstards decided to loot all their equipment rather than call the emergency services and this was in the UK :(.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"green"] In the US, you likely will be attended too, by a State/Fed-run organization, supplemented with volunteer's, as a back-up. [/color]

Well that certainly depends on where you live in the US. In the small towns and rural areas the volunteer EMS/firefighters are the ONLY ones to provide emergency care.

Quote:

"In LOS, these guys are the primary caregivers, so to speak, as opposed to US, where they are used as a supplementary entity. "

Not necessarily true. Where I was born and went to school, if the volunteers were not available - there was nothing else. Fortunately, the volunteers were always available. My Father and brother were both involved in this type of service work. They enjoyed it and felt good doing it. Some might consider some of the things they did were above and beyond the 'line of duty', but they did it and never once complained. I remember my brother when he was about 17, went and cleaned up a mess of the road - less then 1 mile from our home. The sun had just sit, when a sports car drove under a hay wagon that had no lights or reflectors on it. Both passengers, literally, lost their heads - not a pretty sight to see. In our community, it was considered normal to offer your time to these type of services.

Archived