Qantas...And not even a Flight to Paris

Torneyboy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Qantas has since changed its Melbourne lettuce supplier.

Redbaron confided in me he had a practical joke planned as he only lives up the road!

In Qantas's defence,they are one of the few airlines that have never lost one.I'd rather have a frog in my salad than be cremated alive in my seat :(.

This is endemic of Qantas's problems - first-class toilets being blocked and overflowing and not being fixed for several legs, doors, yes doors with maintainence problems that take forever to get rectified are just some of the crap that Qantas employees have to put up with by an organisation like many others that are being run by bean-counters! Remember the Bangkok over-run in wet weather incident a few years ago? Because, despite the wet-weather landing conditions, it takes further to de-accelerate, the book said minimum spoliers and minimum reverst-thrust- the crew know differently of course but maybe, just maybe, were so pissed-off at these dumb-fuck cost-saving policies and followed the orders down to a T - and this is where they ended up - on the local golf-course tee! The aircraft was a technical (cost) write-off, but to cover the bean-counters big butts and to maintain the zero hull-loss figure for ratings, they spent $100M on returning it to service! The higher up you are then the less accountable you are!

Hi

A lot of what you say is very true ...sad as it is.

The bkk affair i know a bit more about than what the press let out at the time.

My eldest son is best mates with the then captains son.

I would get a freebie ticket for my son and vice versa..travelled many times together and sometimes "the" dad was the pilot.

He was not ""in control"" you may recall the night was a rainy night with reduced visibility..they were about to hit the deck about 600m further down the runway than normal (as reported by air traffic control on the night)..."the"" captain called out to abort and go around...unfortunately for him there was not enough room to /thrust/space to do this hence the hard landing and the over running of the tarmac.

He got the sack and took the fall for the airline...not sure how his legal cases ended up.

Still ..QF have some work to do...not just expand and set up no frills Asian route carriers/and domestic for that matter ::

They (those airlines that once were mighty) go down the drain over time. ANZ used to be world-renowned, now it's just bloody average...I see, if memory serves me correct, that Singapore Air recently was voted best Economy class in the world so they might be worth trying one day if had time for a stopover - usually just want to get to BKK as fast as the tail-wind can push the plane, stopping off along the way and wasting one nights sanuk is not an option! :)

Archived