Greek Food in BKK

frogpatrol

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jp1 said:

Certainly Japanese food is not meant for everybody. I agree. I had no clue that there is Turkish food available in Tokyo. Is there any Turkish restaurant over here? I'd like to give it a try. :D

Sorry guys missed this post.

I should have known that requests for Turkish retaurants in Tokyo would come under the Greek restaurants in BKK thread! ::

Plenty of Turkish restaurants here.

http://www.bento.com has many listings but basic reviews.

Anyway:

Cappadocia (Ikebukuro - Turkish). 3987-6049.

Friendly Turkish cooks and an interesting menu. (No lunch on Tuesdays.)

Minami-Ikebukuro 3-8-3. Open noon-10:30pm (LO). Closed Mondays.

Marmara (Takadanobaba - Turkish). 3227-5940.

Kebab take-outs from the stand up front, and full meals in the dining room downstairs.

Takadanobaba 4-9-9. (on Waseda-dori) Open 11am-11pm daily.

Bosphoras Hasan (Shinjuku - Turkish). 3354-7947.

A full selection of shish kebabs, Turkish pizzas, salads, etc.

Shinjuku 3-6-11, 2F. Open 5-11:30pm daily.

Istanbul (Shinjuku - Turkish). 3225-4080.

Tasty and reasonably priced Turkish food in a comfortable, cozy room.

Shinjuku 3-8-2. Open 5-11pm daily.

Uskudar (Shinjuku - Turkish). 3354-9164.

A fairly large Turkish menu for such a small shop, including a big mezze selection. Lunch sets from Y1480.

Shinjuku 3-35-1, Omiya Bldg. 2F. Open 5pm-midnight daily.

Topkapi (Omotesando - Turkish). 3498-3510.

Kita-Aoyama 3-6-26. Open 5-10:30pm (LO) daily.

Gelik (Gaienmae - Turkish). 3404-9177.

There's a belly dancer Friday and Saturday nights, starting at 8pm.

Minami-Aoyama 4-9-30, 2F. Open 11:30am-2, 5:30-11pm (LO). Closed Sundays.

Harem (Gaienmae - Turkish). 5786-2929.

Jingumae 3-1-26, Aoyama Bianca Bldg. B1F. Open 11:30am-2, 6-10:30pm (LO). Closed Sundays.

Ankara (Shibuya - Turkish). 3780-1366.

A very appetizing selection of appetizers and an impressive assortment of kebabs and chef's specialties for such a small restaurant (just four tables and a counter). The chef isn't afraid of spices, using more red pepper and garlic than is usual for Tokyo. The interior is spare, but the music adds to the atmosphere.

Dogenzaka 1-14-9, B1F. Open 5:30-11:30pm (LO) daily.

Anatolia (Shibuya - Turkish). 3486-2995.

Nicely prepared mezes and kebabs from an extensive menu. Open Mon-Sat for lunch and dinner, Sunday dinner only.

Shibuya 2-19-20. Open 11am-10:30pm (LO) daily.

Jalali (Akasaka - Turkish). 3584-0675.

Kebabs and Turkish pizza; belly dancing on Fridays. Lunch Y980.

Akasaka 3-18-10, San-em Akasaka B1F. (on Hitotsuki-dori) Open 11:30am-3, 5:30-11pm daily.

Pamukkale (Kichijoji - Turkish). 0422-23-5660.

Small Turkish snacks (Y580 per dish), kebabs and Turkish pizzas (Y1,200-1,300).

Kichijoji Honcho 1-8-10, Dai 85 Bldg. 3F. (next to Isetan) Open 11am-11pm daily.

Ijou desu! That's all folks.

Roppongi

Then, it must be a farangized outlet.

Greeks don't do that. Almost like a belly dancer in a Thai restaurant.

Really? Wow, you are aware of all Greeks everywhere in the world? Impressive.

Actually, Tarpon Springs, a town in which I lived for a few years and now live not too far from, has one of the largest Greek communities outside of Greece. There are 10s of thousands of Greeks living in our area and literally dozens upon dozens of Greek restaurants catering to both tourists as well as locals. Several of these have belly dancers, although they typically dance to bouzouki music instead of Middle Eastern stuff.

As for Greeks always following Greek customs, many Italian restaurants throughout the East coast of the US are actually Greek owned. In Massachusetts the code word for a Greek pizza place was "House of" like Boston House of Pizza. Very different from the Italian variety.

An old saying goes "when two Greeks meet in the street they open a restaurant."

>Really? Wow, you are aware of all Greeks everywhere in the world? Impressive.

I am not. I am aware only of Greeks in Greece. They don't do belly dancing, not even in places near Turkish border (Kavala, for example). Actually, they will hate as hell anything that openly reminds them of their much hated former ruler and neighbour.

The word "farangized" goes well with Greek restaurants that do. Don't see anything wrong with that, just pointing it's not their way of having fun.

Guys, you can have your belly dancers, I'll take an authentic Yueros (sp) anyday.

Popular in Sydney -- best one I ever had was the lamb Yueros out the front of Newtown Station. The size of your forearm, it was a meal in itself. Was surprised during my trip to the holy grail of Athens many moons ago that a Yueros was nothing more than a snack about the size of your fist.

Kebabs in Turkey are huge, half a french loaf filled with meat and more meat. Sure beats the cabbage filled pocket 'kebabs' you get here in Tokyo.

Sorry to reminisce... ;)

>Plenty of Turkish restaurants here.

Istanbul (Shinjuku - Turkish). 3225-4080.

Tasty and reasonably priced Turkish food in a comfortable, cozy room.

Shinjuku 3-8-2. Open 5-11pm daily.

Went there today with a colleague and damned place was closed - only today!

Noticed that another one has "no lunch on Tuesday", could be normal for all of them.

Archived