Temptation a burden or challenge?

Coss

Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to.

And I am thinking specifically of an alley in Ropongi in Tokyo, but more of that another time.

The question poses it's self, how many of us have found ourselves in that moment in time where a temptation in the form of a sultry and exotic wench, is overwhelming and unavoidable?

Especially and this should have been mentioned earlier, when one has sworn to be a good boy. When one has to alienate one's friends, abandon one's appointments, cast one's family on the trash heap and fight to consumate the temptation's opportunities!

I reckon that this is what we live for, or at least some of us, call us renaissance Bloke.

"I can resist everything except temptation."

Oscar Wilde

Cheers

Coss

My favorite is from La Rochefoucault

Si nous resistons a nos passions, c'est plutot par leur faiblesse que par notre force.

Englished as: If we do resist our passions it is rather by their weakness than our strength.

Khun Pad Thai

In response to a PM about the alley in Tokyo, I thought I'd post my response here too.

What had happened, was that I'd been in a pub in Roppongi and had had my eye on a pretty local lass whose friend was butt ugly. Long story short, I drank too much, couldn't land the pretty one, was followed out of the pub by the ugly one and had a BJ and knee-trembler in the darkened doorway of an alley. All this whilst about 15 m from a couple of cops whom I could see by peering around the corner of the doorway on the 'up-thrust' so to speak.

Just one of the many times I've fallen.

Cheers

Coss

Archived