Long term visa options and work permits

Very simply, I want to remain in Thailand indefinitely. I am some way under the retirement age. I hold a UK passport.

I have income from outside Thailand but wish to generate additional income from within the Kingdom through business. This may entail either me working or me not working and only employing Thais to work for the business. Neither of these I wish do on the back of tourist visas.

As any business would be small, it seems the fees quoted on thaivisa.com would wipe out any profits. Ideally, if the set up and ongoing fees were not excessive, this would give me a visa and work permit - yes ?

Is the answer a Non Immigrant Visa ? and if so, what is the easiest way to get one.

Finally, what about the investment side of things. If I invest a few million baht, will that suffice ?

Cheers for any help. I have looked where I know and just cannot find a definitive answer.

Hmmm - It is not that expensive to set up companies here, two million baht cap, and 4 thais will get you a work visa, but I don't know Thaivisa.com, but can't understand why the fees would wipe out profit.

Mostsmall company costs, (And there is aa LOT of paperwork here that has to be down right, go on, laugh at me Fly!)

Many companies offer these services but get a good one. My very first work visa took11 months and 15 days.

The next took 2 hours!

Makes a difference when you get someone who knows what they are doing.

JB

I think its 3mio now but just reading the site, it seems as though there are loads of ongoing costs for accountancy, legal, office, registered address, etc.

I probably want a small "respectable" company to provide the work permit etc. whilst I operate other less respectable but more profitable ventures.

What I don't need is a load of bills each month for a company which will not be trading very much, at least in the early part of its life.

It would be helpful if anyone reading has got their own small company to give some accurate examples of ongoing costs.

Speaking as someone who has had two companies here, the "Papaerwork" is amazing, and I strongly suggest you get someone to assist you with it.

Even companies that are on the stock exchange make mistakes (not on purpose) that results in problems (stop laughing Fly).

The withholding tax laws ext are facinating - NOT, however, a small, partime acountant could be your best bet, say 2- 4000 baht a month.

JB

>>>I probably want a small "respectable" company to provide the work permit etc. whilst I operate other less respectable but more profitable ventures.<<<

well, you gotta pay for your cover. see it like that - you will have to pay for one company too much in order to have more chances to get away with the "less respectable" but more profitable ventures.

Nervous_Dog

Thanks for your reply.

What I had in mind was a small company which would barely trade in the beginning but would hopefully build up business.

I will speak to some professionals but if you don't mind, can you remember any official fees apart from having someone do the books etc. I really don't want to be staring down the barrrel of 10-20k per month.

Cheers

Archived