The Road To Nowhere

Torneyboy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
torrenova said:

And now with the new international airport being built some distance away, won't the whole thing become an even greater white elephant even if it is ever completed ?

Well, if its the only place you can fly from, its not exactly going to be a white elephant.

More to the point, we are lucky in Sydney and Bangkok to have the airports so close to the centre of town, most cities (And I hazzard a guess, those which we come from) the airport is a long way out of town.

JB

Absolutely fascinating Khun Suadam . Thank you.

We are most obliged to you for providing all this interesting information. I had always wondered about the history of those large unfinished structures near the airport.

They say, "Make no small plans"; but I suppose that in this case the best plans of mice and men came to naught.

You find the same pillars parallel to Petchburi Road, near BKK Hospital. Also a "Hopeless" Project. A friend of mine used to work on this construction a 7 years ago and said they drilled up to 60mtrs deep to get through the low water ground level.

However in the new lay out for Bangkok traffic, they are now discussing this issue to re-activate parts of this project. Let see. Cheers,

Archived