Coss on the town in NZ

Coss

Bob,

THERE IS ALSO Qantas but if yoyu are star alliance that is not an option.

Or SQ or Air NZ to Sing and either SQ or TG to BKK.

The thing i like flying about Thai is that you feel you are there onboard as the cabin crew are obviously Thai and there is the BKK Post and The Nation newspapers (if yesterdays) to catch up on since you were last there.

I love the thai website as i just checked the status of the plane coming to pick me up. Seems it left Terminal 1 on time as opposed to yesterdays 20 minute late departure.

Thai Airways Intl - TG 991

Operational Flight Information

Airport FLIGHT INFORMATION Hour

Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand LEFT THE GATE 18:17

- TOOK OFF 18:34

- ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL in Kingsford Smith (SYD), Sydney, NS, Australia 6:00

Planned Flight Information

Airport Arriving Day Departing Day Meal Elapsed Flying Time

Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand - - 18:15 Wednesday Yes -

Kingsford Smith (SYD), Sydney, NS, Australia 6:15 Thursday 7:25 Thursday Yes -

Auckland (AKL), Auckland, New Zealand 12:30 Thursday - - - 13h15min

Comments

From To Comment

- - 9/ NON-SMOKING

Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand Auckland (AKL), Auckland, New Zealand FLIGHT TRANSITS AUSTRALIA - CHECK TRANSITS

We try to stick with Star Alliance. We also collect FlyBuys on purchases and credit card uasge(convertible to AirNZ Air points) and collect Air NZL miles(on global plus credit card) ....so we have points coming out our ears !! Lots of paid travel..but lots of free travel too.

As a cab driver in Wellywood I get flybys everyday at Shell stations but am on the wrong creditcard pland to convert to miles. ny creditcards are with Nat bank and ANZ. Which banks should I consider to upgrade Bob.

Arrived BKK last night to a girl waiting for me at the airport so didn't go out even if nana was across the road (landmark hotel), hotel asked NTG (nice thai girl as opposed to good thai girl) for her passport as they thought we were married. Very professional, took a photo copy of her ID card. Off to Ptty today for the duration trip except for my final night in BKK.

BNZ credit cards give you fly buys points.

BNZ Credit Cards

Also BNZ gold/platinum cards give you free comprehensive travel insurance.Very handy.

I have all my personal and company cards with BNZ and all my personal and company travel on star alliance...so we get loads of free travel(Hawaii, USA mainland, Japan, Bangkok etc....) I convert all my fly buys to AirNZ points because the travel rewards are all that interest me.

My thai wife also has BNZ credit cards and her fly buys are hooked into my account.She also has "Bangkok Bank" credit cards and and Amex black card, but doesn't really use those now, they are just there for contingency.She used to get a few points on Amex rewards and they are ok, but we deceided to consolidate with Airpoints rather than scatter ponts around various schemes.

In conclusion : get hooked up with BNZ cards, AirNZ points, Fly Buys(which you already have) and fly Star Alliance(ie: from Auckland, Thai and AirNZ will get you most places.)

Thanks for that. I dropped my star alliance/airnz for star alliance/thai airlines as BKK as a hub was what interested me most and thought better to get upgrades thru thai than air nz.

Archived