a very minor annoyance - the 1 Baht scam

iuytrede

Could their computer be adding the VAT to the item price by any chance? That would explain some items not getting hit if they are not subject to tax.

Used to be only the computer stores added the VAT to totals. Then the government utilities. Now more and more other places are adding rather than including in price. Looks more like a sales tax all the time.

don't think so because first, they always admit they are wrong when I complain (with different excuses every time), second, this is the only Family Mart that does this, and I know many Family Marts and buy the same stuff everywhere.

Anyway, they do it everyday, but yesterday it was one Baht in my favor! That was the cute cashier who always smiles very friendly when I come :)

I have to admit the Family Marts in Soi ? I can not say or everyone will go there for free treats, sometimes when I don't go in with my girl, the guy who looks like a ladyboy sometimes slips a few freebies in my bag when the girls inthe shop are not near the register. :)

Archived