a very minor annoyance - the 1 Baht scam

iuytrede

There is a Family Mart in the Nasa Vegas apartment at Khlong Tan. Out of 4 or 5 articles I buy there (about 10 B each) for one or two of them the cashier will charge 1 Baht more than the price on the label. It happens regularly with different cashiers, so now I am used to it and check prices. The receipt (which they usually give me without me asking) shows the higher price. When I complain sometimes the cashier says the price has gone up (bullshit) or the price label is wrong, but usually I get my Baht back.

I never had an experience like this in a shop like Family Mart, and I am quite surprised.

WARNING WARNING WARNING

There is a guy that has a bbq octopus squid cart near the Biyoke Skyhotel. The cost is 10 baht a piece. I bought 5 using three 20 baht bills. I received my change in a plastic wrapped package of one baht coins. But he only puts eight coins rather than ten in the packets. I advise the use of exact change.

Even more serious: THE 50 SATANG RIP-OFF!

My apartment building (name availble my private email only) regularly refuses to give change of less than 1 baht when I pay my monthly bills!!!! This is almost as bad as the taxi drivers who say the have no change.

Now, I keep a stack of 25 and 50 Satang coins on hand to combat this abusive practice.

Come on guy?s you sound just like the Thai girls, If you are from England then 1Bhat is nothing, if your from the USA than this is no problem, but if your from Asia then this is a big problem, what can 1 Baht buy you in Thailand Nothing much or maybe a BG from NEP. you should look like this guy. :o :o :o :o :o:shhh:

Archived