China Air Crash Landing

BrownFox77

SC,

right, this is a 747/100 . the oldest thing in the sky except the attendants in Thai Air First class. They do virtually have a 2 inch wide small "window" above the crew seats where you can fix the sextant. ( On the planes ). I doubt that they still actually use that system because in early Pam Am days around 1980 I remember it was already outdated. Nonetheless a plane's life is eternal as long as they work after the maintenance rules.

BuBi , expert

China Air and Orient Thai brings back memories, not good ones though - that flight a couple of years back that broke-up mid-flight with all perishing aboard was China Air (I think), it's very last flight for China Air before Orient Thai was to take delivery of it. If China Air are off-loading it, then I'm sure that it was in pristine working-order... ::

Exactly, planes are bought by those in the first division or by new entrants (read easyjet in the UK). Older planes are sold on and passed down, over time, to the lowest common denominators. They do not have the cash to maintain them and they either get scrapped or fall out of the sky.

Still people fly with them, even rate them, until they head towards the ground at enormous speed.

www.airsafe.com

Archived