M. Moore's "Fahreneit 9/11" wins at Cannes

pattaya127

Funny thread here......

Nobody has been the docu, but everyone here is shooting at Moore :p

One of the board rules is to attack the message, not the messenger.

The guy looks like an elephant indeed, but I really fail to see what this has to do with his docu.

BB

:dunno:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB,

He just seems an opportunist, I have seen Roger and Me, Bowling for Columbine and read his books.... the latter of which are rehashed versions of his earlier work...

John Pilger the Australian politcal commentator much much better...

Michael Moore seems to have a lot to say but like all liberals IMHO no solutions unless you count kind words.

STH

<The guy looks like an elephant indeed, but I really fail to see what this has to do with his docu.>

Yeah attacking the guy because of the way he looks is just plain stupid. ( and there have been a few obese filmmakers...Welles, Hitchcock...)

Perhaps he is an opportunist but that's not unusual in the movie business either. We are talking about a movie here aren't we? Or are people's political allegiances so shaky they are scared they might be influenced?

I like the idea of somebody trying to sway my opinion. It's challenging and it forces me to think. Looking forward to seeing the film.... :)

It's challenging and it forces me to think.

---------------------

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I don't understaan this idea that if some guy speaks up, to have any interest in what he is saying means you agree with him and is tied to him ideologically. Some do just that though (but towards Bush, not Moore) and demonize anyone disagreeing with their cherished leader.

Thanks to books, medias and free-thinking (getting rarer these days), these days are the best to challenge one's ideas. there is just so much crap done behind our back, and in our name, by people who love the status quo of Don't ask, don't tell, we're in charge!

Michael Moore WROTE the message. That sort of makes it different

Flasher,

What is different ???

Sofar nobody wrote 1 single line about his message / film, cos nobody saw it !

I like the idea of somebody trying to sway my opinion. It's challenging and it forces me to think. Looking forward to seeing the film....

Chuck,

I hope you will be able to see it, not sure yet.......

There are speaking about releasing it here, but will take many more moons to do so.

I did see 2 trailers, one goes like a panoramic view of the White House with his voice-over " according to the NYT in the first 8 months of his presidency, the president was 42 % of the time on holiday " ......

BB

BB....somebody wants to keep the movie hidden until after the election is my guess. Anyway the controversy is kinda fun. I find it particularly interesting that the 'cons' accuse the 'liberal media' of having too much power but the 'cons' are the ones who are suppressing Moore's movie. Apparently it's OK for the public to watch sex and violence but politics is a no-no. Might get people thinking I guess...

Here's a recent article from the Washington Post ...long read but it sums up what's going on....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A51447-2004May24.html

chuckwoww said:

Right. And some of us like a bit of brain candy with our popcorn. So big deal. :)

I doubt you'll find any from Moore but good luck to ya.

Have fun.

Archived