M. Moore's "Fahreneit 9/11" wins at Cannes

pattaya127

"It does amuse me that somebody can dismiss Michael Moore as 'just a fat slob'. Especially when you admit you haven't seen any of his movies, so you must be getting your opinions second hand."

Have you ever heard about somehting called credibility? Michael Moore is such rabid liberal he will say anything to try convince people of his message. I've listened to him in many interviews and he's practically foaming at the mouth with his liberal rhetoric. People who think they will get "inofrmation" out of a movie like this movie are clueless and probably looking for biased data points.

Oh, and, Michael Moore IS a fat piece of shit. I would waste a satang on one of his movies.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though I don't agree with Moore's politics too much, I do find his stuff fairly entertaining, and if people keep in mind that is all it is, then it's not too bad. He can be pretty witty, but his grasp of basic economics and geo-politics is pretty low, almost to the point of idiocy.

I will buy the new movie when it comes out on the pirated DVD here in China (should be later this week), at least that way I know he will get no monetary benefit.

TH

<Michael Moore is such rabid liberal he will say anything to try convince people of his message.>

So what? I'm supposed to let some anonymous guy on a message board tell me whether I see the movie or not? I've seen Moore in interviews too. I don't agree with most of what he says either but I still want to see the movie and decide for myself about it. I don't know what you're so worried about. You think I'll get brainwashed or something? It won't be the first crap movie I've sat through.

"So what? I'm supposed to let some anonymous guy on a message board tell me whether I see the movie or not? I've seen Moore in interviews too. I don't agree with most of what he says either but I still want to see the movie and decide for myself about it. I don't know what you're so worried about. You think I'll get brainwashed or something? It won't be the first crap movie I've sat through."

First, I don't think any told you whether to see the movie or not. Second, I was replying to your point that you couldn't understand how someone could dismiss MM or his movies. And finally, I am not "woried" about you seeing this movie. On the contrary, I would expect it.

It sounded to me like you don't want anybody to see the movie. Sorry if I misunderstood you. And it was gwailo who dismissed it without seeing it. He thinks Michael Moore is a waste of oxygen and he's rather have his fingernails pulled out that go to see it. I'm guessing it won't stop him having an opinion.

I'm still wondering how this movie can get people so riled up when it hasn't even been released. Moore may be a big fat shit but he knows how to sell movie tickets. I don't go to movies very often but I'll be going to this one.

I sat through Dubya's little address last night. Could of used a bit of passion I thought. He looked tired.

Neither I, nor I believe Gwailo, are telling people not to see the movie. We are simply stating an opinion about Michael Moore and his movie. Which is: that HE is a liberal clown and because of that, I think his movie, based on the opinion of people who I believe are credible, is a biased piece of shit.

I am also making the point that chosing not ot see this movie does not make a person closeed minded or refusing to see the other side of the coin. It simply means that I know exactly what kind of material will be in this movie (e.g., distortions, half truths and liberal propoganda all delivered wiht MM's dry wit) and I choose not to give MM any of my money.

Don't think for a minute this film own top honors at Cannes because of artistic merit.

jxxxl I can't remember what this discussion is about. I think basically I was wondering how somebody can have an opinion about a movie they haven't seen. You have answered the question most eloquently. Michael Moore is a fat liberal clown with no credibility. The movie is certain to be an uninformative biased load of shit with no artistic merit and not worth spending money to see.

I still want to see it though just to find out how bad it is and because I am fascinated by what is going on in Iraq and the political polarization of America. Moore's movie is part of it and I feel really lucky to be witnessing these moments in history. OK? :beer:

"Michael Moore is a fat liberal clown with no credibility. The movie is certain to be an uninformative load of shit with no artistic merit and not worth spending money to see."

That sums up my opinion very well.

"I still want to see it though just to find out how bad it is and because I am fascinated by what is going on in the Middle East and the political polarization of America. OK?"

OK, but I don't think you will learn anything about what's going on in the Middle East or American politics. I'm sure it will be entertaining, especially for those who hate the current US administration.

Enjoy the movie. :beer:

<I'm sure it will be entertaining, especially for those who hate the current US administration.>

Well it's entertaining already and I haven't seen it yet. I learn a few things about American politics from reading message boards (between the lines). Off hand I don't think I hate anybody. I actually liked Bush back in the days when it was him or Gore. But I have to say I'm not too impressed with his intellect. And I think he's being used by a rather ruthless bunch of people with a sinister agenda. I could be wrong. Kerry doesn't turn me on much either and Nader is a waste of a vote...cheers :)

Archived