Congrats Port...and Zaad

Steve

Thanks guys, let's all hope and pray together that Porto have set the right tone for Euro 2004 :)

Excellent achievement and I had never expected a Portuguese team to win this cup in my lifetime looking at the strength of other squads.

The CL winner isn't automatically Europe's best. I think Chelsea, Arsenal, Valencia and Milan should be considered for that title.

Although Porto have a fine squad and played very well I think they have been fortunate with their opponents. Not saying their opponents were weak, not at all, but they have played teams that their playstyle suits best. Apart from Man U which I thought would be the end of Porto, they faced Lyon, Deportivo and Monaco. Those teams have a certain (similar) style to porto with a great team performance.

I think they'd have much greater problems had they faced Milan, Chelsea, Arsenal (or a Man U in form) with their individually great players who have the ability to win games even after worse performances than the opponent.

Porto may not be considered Europe's best but I'm delighted they're this years' Chmapions League winners!!!!! :D:applause::up:

P.S. mighty glad they failed to win the treble as BENFICA (my club of all) beat Porto in this years' final of the Portuguese cup :)

EURO 2004 is NEXXXXXXXXXXXXXT!!!!!!!! GO PORTUGAL!!!!!

Zaad said:

Porto may not be considered Europe's best but I'm delighted they're this years' Chmapions League winners!!!!! :D:applause::up:

They won fair and square, so sure they are the best of this year !

Congrats on them, although first time was boooooooring........

1-0 and Monaco never stood a chance anymore.

And like zaad said, 17 days to EURO 2004, 35 days to the Tour de France...... life is good.

BB

[color:"orange"]in orrange shirt [/color]

It was great to see a final between 2 teams who are not among the money elite in European football. This is what makes the game exciting, money is not everything. If the rich clubs win every time both in leagues and European competitions, the interest for the game will suffer over time.

Congrats Zaad.

Cheers!

BelgianBoy said:

BB

[color:"orange"]in orrange shirt [/color]

Actually there was a training match yesterday between [color:"orange"]Holland[/color] and [color:"black"]Be[/color] [color:"yellow"]lg[/color] [color:"red"]ium[/color] which [color:"black"]Be[/color] [color:"yellow"]lg[/color] [color:"red"]ium[/color] won with 1 - 0.

BB

[color:"orange"]still in orange shirt [/color]

Archived