Coffee Maker?

Neon Ninja

I'm telling you...Thai girls love this shit. Especially when the steam starts spurting out. They all have an insane fasination with that

--------------------------------------------------------------------

HT,

You are so right.My g/f wants to buy one so she can make me coffee in the mornings.She hates the stuff.Who am I to say no. :o

cheers sky brow.

Prices for coffee to put into that drip maker are expensive, too, but you won't save much money, if any, buying cups of real coffee even from the local chains.

Whoever asked about Black Canyon: I believe it is owned by Denny's in the U.S. at least, there seems to be some connection to it. I don't go to Black Canyon often, but used to you could find a Denny's logo or 2 in the shop.

Big_Kahuna said:

Prices for coffee to put into that drip maker are expensive, too, but you won't save much money, if any, buying cups of real coffee even from the local chains.

[sNIP]

Yeah. After a bit of thought, I decided that this is getting a bit impractical. :(

Instead I got some decent instant coffee to cart over (Taster's Choice) instead of drinking that red container Nescafe stuff.

(...and yes, I realize that both are made by Nescafe, but that red container stuff in Thailand tastes like ass.)

I like to have a cup of coffee to start the day, and having to get dressed and leave the hotel to get this cup of coffee seems wrong to me.

Anyhow, thanks for all the info everyone!

:bow:

-=/NN

• 2 weeks later...

>>>Geesh, does that thing have it's own dedicated suitcase?<<<

Is a "La Pavoni". Heavy, but not big, and handles screw off to make even smaller.

I did want to add something else. With this type of machine, you use far, far less coffee than in a drip machine. If you drink expensive coffee, this machine can pay for itself easily. The steam under great pressure, exstracts every last bit of flavor out of the grind. And because expresso grind is very fine, is exposes more surface area to the powder.

I like my coffee strong, and a 2 pound bag will last at least 2-3 times as long, than if used in a conventional machine.

my machine

HT

Last sept I noticed a "promotion" at tops had a girl at the end of one of the isles with a set up I think it was under 1200 bht for drip coffee maker and 2 bags of fresh coffee.

but if you dont mind a bit of a wait, get a caffe suda ( viet coffee ) maker

just put a little fresh coffee in the holder and pour in boiling water and watch it drip for a while.

really does a good job.

I bought mine ( caffee suda unit) for about 40 bht.

Archived