Anyone in Melbourne?

MooNoi

Or is it just me and Red Baron?

Anyway, if you are, post here and we should get together for a bevvy and a chat about LOS sometime.

Having withdrawal symptoms here - especially with the weather getting cold now! Need to talk to people who "understand!"

Fly P.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, at least we can afford a house down here without having to live in a crap A.V. Jennings 55 km from the city surrounded by horrible ug-boot wearing westies and ferals!

Our transport system works and we don't have to sit in the traffic for hours on end to get to work.

The Swans? Easy when you're getting an extra $600,000 a year on your salary cap compared with Melbourne clubs, isn't it?!!!

at least we can afford a house down here without having to live in a crap A.V. Jennings 55 km from the city surrounded by horrible ug-boot wearing westies and ferals!

LOL ! I spent many years in the Parramatta area, so I know what you mean (its not 55km out, but its has the people you describe).

Now, I live 3km from the CBD, 3km from work, and I paid $122K for my humble shack. What would you get for that sort of money in Melbourne - a Port-a-Loo on Dandenong Road ? Yes, the locals here *are* ferals, but thats pretty standard in a regional centre, and they seem to have more respect for the legal consequences of their actions than their city peers.

BTW, I am hearing more and more predictions that the Eastern states are headed for a 30% correction (!) in house prices over the coming 18 months. Not so bad if you just want to keep the existing roof over your head, but pretty ordinary for heavily-geared investors.

FlyPapillon said:

Well, at least we can afford a house down here without having to live in a crap A.V. Jennings 55 km from the city surrounded by horrible ug-boot wearing westies and ferals!

Our transport system works and we don't have to sit in the traffic for hours on end to get to work.

The Swans? Easy when you're getting an extra $600,000 a year on your salary cap compared with Melbourne clubs, isn't it?!!!

Ok Ok...you win :neener: :neener:

Youhave the best Restaurants as well :bow:

That wouldn't be such a bad idea Hornman, say in a month's time, if there are any others that want to come aboard in that time, well, the more the merrier! We can collectively get together and bag Melbourne and Brisbane. What meeting area do you suggest, I'm from the Eastern Subs...

Archived