Penang Visa Run?

6 months go, Penang was a dud spot to try for a 6 month, 2 entry, tourist visa.

Has anything changed, as it would be easier to get to Penang by air than Khota Baru from BKK?

TIA,

blackie

I found an address for you.

Immigration Soi Suanphlu, S.Sathon Rd. Sathon Dist.T287-3101 Open M-F8:30-12,13-16:30 Sa 8:30-12:00

Visa Extension 500B for 10 days only.

1 photo +photocopy of Passport page with date and entry stamp. Inconvenient location. boat from Kaosan to Sathon then bus # 17 to Soi Suanphul(After you see Singapore Embassy on the right and get off) then walk S for 10 min or take a red sougthiaw(3B)/bus running on the road. 500B is to expensive. Plan ahead and go another country and come back to get it renewed

[ September 18, 2001: Message edited by: mushroom ]

Mushroom, I believe that he wants to go out of the country to get another 2 month Tourist Visa (not a 30 day visa on arrival).

Your clipping must have come directly from someone's Khao San Road web page. It was interesting, but not accurate at all.

Extensions to normal visa's (not visa on arrival) can be done for 30 days the first time. The cost is 500 baht. In most cases you can get a second extension for 10 days also for 500 baht. I have even seen a third extension for between 2 and 7 days for 500 baht in case of unusually circumstances. These extra extensions are approved on a case by case basis so it is not a given that you can get them.

For anyone staying in the Sukhumvit / Silom area the immigration office is very convenient to get to. Use a Taxi.

Blackie, the office in Phnom Penh still issues the tourist visa, that maybe a quicker and easier option.

quote:

Originally posted by Pom Michael:

It was interesting, but not accurate at all.

Just curious, what was not accurate in the post - other than not answering Blackies question. The poster mentiones 500B 10 day extensions to (30day) visas on arrival and you mention 500B 30 day extensions to (60day)tourist visas. Everyone seems to be correct to me, or am I wrong?

Cheers,

You are correct. I just typed immigration Bangkok into the search engine and hit enter.

I seen the address to the immigration and copied other material with it. I didn't bother reading anything other than the words "santon" and "immigration" as the address was all that he required. I assumed it was material from a reliable source. I assumed wrong. I apologize for any in convenience caused.

This reminds me of something my father used to say. "Thought thought he farted but, he shit himself.. never assume".

I should be more careful in the future.

Pom Michael.

Spot on, though it's a double entry,6 month tourist visa I need.

Any suggestions for a (A/C) flea pit close to the embassy?

I just want to get in and out with a possible one night stay if I can get a 'dawn breaker' flt to PP.

The new Embassy building is located on the other side of the city (away from the airport), but traffic isn't too bad by car or motorbike.

Maybe posts on hotels, I like the Hawaii hotel close to Sharkey's and the Central Market. Rooms (small) are 18 dollars, and double size rooms are 30 dollars.

Have a safe trip. No need to get a visa here, the visa upon arrival is very fast now (bring 2 photos).

Archived