Visa expiry question

I am living in Thailand and have a Cat B multi-entry non immigrant visa.

The date the visa must be "utilized by" is 16th November 2001. I am due to make my next visa run on October 16th 2001.

When they stamp my passort will I be "admitted until" 16th November (the must be utilized by date in my passport) or will it be January 14th (i.e 90 days from my date of re-entry).

All info gratefully appreciated. crazy.gif" border="0

From my experience, being on my third 1 year Cat B non immigrant, they will always stamp your passport until the expiration date of the visa.

So when you first come in, you'll get an stamp good for almost 1 year, if you come in one week before expiry, you get a stamp only valid for one week!

Just get a new on before you go out the next time, this will solve it!

quote:

Originally posted by think1stbkk:

[QB]So when you first come in, you'll get an stamp good for almost 1 year[QB]

As usual this gets real confusing. I have come into and out of LOS 3 times on my 1 year Cat B. Each time I was stamped 90 days. I don't think I have ever heard of someone getting a 1 year stamp without a work permit.

Well.....i face the same problem with my non-imm B due to expire again on the 10th of next month. I always believed that the if the visa date was expired then you weren't allowed to stay (or, is it just that you aren't allowed to enter again?) I've normally just applied for a new one at the end of the 12 month expiry date.. but if what the Stickman has said is true then I can exit on the 9th (day before expiry) at any border and get an additional 90 day stamp?

Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone DONE it? Would love to know. thanks in advance

dan

Looking at my Cat B Non-Immigrant multi entry visa, it does not have a "utilized by" date. It has a "valid until" date, which in my case was 1 year after issued date. My understanding is they will give you 90 day stamps until the valid until date is reached. So I think, and I could be wrong, when you come in the next time the stamp you get will say admitted until 16th Nov.

Probably only way to know for sure is when you leave and come back.

Hmmmm.....I just tried to send you a private message Mr.Stickman but it was refused saying that I am on your 'Ignore List'. Why is that my friend??

I'm amazed you bothered to even initiate such an action. Oh well.......such is life.

I actually just wanted to ask you if you can validate your post about the visa because you seemed like you had the information. ......

cheers.

Dan

Well.....guys this is good news. Good for me at least and Blackcat if you're listening in. Today I rang Immigration and the Non-Imm. B (multiple-entry) visa will get you a 90 day stamp no matter when you re-enter - as long as the expiry date is still valid..just as Stickman had said. So...if you exit and then enter at a border 1 day before expiry this you will (should!) en-title you another 90 day stamp. This effectively will give you a total of 15 months altogether and not 12 as I first had believed.

BUT!!..There is always conflicting info you hear from others. I hate this.. Sometimes I think that the immigration people on the border don't know and it may be best if you inform them yourself! Perhaps the people in Immigration here are unsure? Fuck knows. Maybe it just depends who stamps your passport. Nothing is ever black and white here. grrrrrrr

Still. I will go to Poi Pet in the confidence of my little phone conversation and will let you all know the result.

Cheers,

Dan

My non-imm B's have always been stamped for 90 days and I "leave" at Poipet within a week of expiry date.

I do that just in case they change the law / their mind and only stamp to the validity date. So far no probs in 6 years.

Archived