'MIA FARANG': When Harry weds S, business blooms

elef

[color:"red"]would you care to speculate what percentage of married couples met their husbands thru the bar scene? Do you think there is a balance or will it be dominated one way or the other?

[/color]

It is difficult to speculate. Just from my experience, 98% of women I met in Germany were from bars, 70% in Britain and only 30% in the USA.

I used to beleive that the percentage is lower in the USA becuase of the screening of the immigration, now I am not sure.

Jasmine

[color:"red"] Statistics in the EU are about 80 % are BGs.

[/color]

Quite high, my % was from Germany only.

Anyone out there care to speculate about the % in the USA? I feel it is only 30%, care to discuss why? INS is doing a good job?::

Jasmine

Jasmine, I'm not surprised by the order of the countries % wise that you've cited, but was surprised at the gap.

Looking back on it, it could be because it is much cheaper for the Eurpeans to get to Thailand than it is for Americans. Especially for sex tourists. Even if a tourist does marry a girl, it would probably be after a couple of visits, which definitely makes it easier for the Europeans.

I would expect the US and England to have a lower % than Germany as English speaking countries are countries of choice for overseas education rather than non-English speaking countries.

<<burp>>

I reacted to the "decades" of foreigners marrying Thais when it comes from a Khon Kaen politician.

Nope - it was not many farangs around in Khon Kaen as close back as 1982 and the statement is bullshit. There surely was foreigners during the Viet War in Isaan (mainly Udon and Ubon) - but that impact did not last long.

Heck, when I came there I was looked upon as an alien. I remember when I had a minor disagreement with my girl at the bus station in Khon Kaen, all flocked around to see the foreigner angry.

What a load of crap and bullshit, and it seems there is a need to put Thais into a group to leach money from them now? Shame on those who come up with these ideas!

The "decades" is a phrase to disguise that there is a fairly new group, who they want money from.

Angry CBK.

Jasmine,

Great question but it would be difficult to answer without doing the research.

Also any speculation said would be difficult without looking anti-nationality...

One would have to look at the socio-econ profile of each nationality and see if there are differences.

My guess is one would find an educational difference between american and european countries. What socio-econ class are they in? Are there significant differences? What about the actor acceptance/tolerance in their home country. Is it more accepted in europe than in american to have BG ties?

On the surface, maybe immigration plays a big role? Are guys solely bringing over their GFs/wives or are they meeting them there? It seems in some european countires, this might be a avenue while in america less so.

What about geography's role in it? Cost and time might be prohibitors for americans so thailand might only being getting a more discriminating type of visitor/ex-pat than european countries?

What about other countries' drawing power? P.I seems to be a big draw for american blue collar types and ex-miltary guys. I would suspect for PI the percentage of BGs mates would be much higher than from LOS. Yet, there are sure a lot of PI nurses on the west coast and maybe other job classifications due to our relationship/history with PI.

In my own personal experiences with falang-thai married couples in america, it seems to run in the 30% to 40% range for BG history. That is a big difference from those reported german and england percentages. Something or things are definately in play here causing a huge discrepancy in the numbers....

Where do non-bgs want to go? I would guess america more than other any country especially ones in pursuit of further education or business opportunites. They are putting themselves in positions to meet americans who don't travel to LOS. This comment is solely based on my personal experiences....

One last comment. When i think about pattaya, what comes to mind:"germans, english, french and russians, etc...." Enough said....

My guess is that it is a number of things working together (some of the above) and not just one factor...

Cardinalblue

Archived