Short Time Outs

Torneyboy

"Help is in the suggestions forum. To answer your question, could be the board could be somewhere along the network. On a M$ Windows computer you can do the following to determine just where the slowdown is occuring. For OS X and other unix-type users the command is traceroute. Unfortunatly traceroute does not always give very good information anymore because some routers along the way won't answer the traceroute request."

Good advice -I did not know about that command and will use it in the future!

But, as you said the trace is likely to stop because its not allowed in some routers. My try stopped in US, MA.

My guess is that it is a local problem connected to the server - maybe load or other server related stuff which needs to be tuned?? The symptons are just that, sometimes normal replies other times timeout. I use fast connections, 2 different places. Not an occuring problem on my connections, one of them who hosts a commercial WEB site. And Nanaplaza has not had this problem a long time either.

Cheers!

A very common problem with servers is also the device they are hooked up to. Its much more complicated to set a switch or whatever device to correct parameters than servers, or to see the correct errors. Sometimes, the communication functions so and so but not perfect.

It doesn't always help to have power on the server side. Just an idea to KS to check up on...

Cheers!

Archived