Best prepaid GPRS deal? Is there such a thing?

Palatkik

Been out of this loop for a while. Was just wondering if there is any value GPRS deals out there for visitors? I heard once of a DTAC 999B unlimited use for post paid ..only Thais and expat workers can apply I think. What about prepaid deals today. I have a Happy DTAC account that offers 0.1B/kb on GPRS. My existing AIS has similar rates?

I can blow over a 100B opening just my home page on this with the PC connected or using full web browser on a hand phone. Is this all there is out there for GPRS deals? Can GPRS phones ever catch on with rates as high as this? The questions go on..

Palatkik said:

I can blow over a 100B opening just my home page on this with the PC connected or using full web browser on a hand phone. Is this all there is out there for GPRS deals? Can GPRS phones ever catch on with rates as high as this? The questions go on..

You can cut down your GPRS costs by not loading the images from the page (unless you need them)- as they account for the vast majority of the data. Most browsers, if not all, will allow you to switch off images, some allow you to do it selectively.

The pages are still useable for webmail etc.,(though not as good looking)

:devil::beer::devil:

Thanks guys, so basically GPRS rates are exhorbitant for prepaid users for full net surfing. Yes I can remove images from web browsers but I'd use these latest hi-tech phones a bit more if it wasn't a zillion times cheaper getting on the net otherways ;-)

Looks like I'll just carry on using wap occasionally when I need to.

Archived