K1 Visa paperwork help for fiancee

billyb6677

Hello all...I am in process of TRYING to get the girlfriend to do the paperwork on her end---the stuff sent to her from the USA embassy in bangkok-- and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for a BG friendly place that will explain to her how to do paperwork...I am having frustrating time with my nit noi Thai and her broken english..She tells me that people at embassy are not nice to her...Im thinking she is just very intimidated/scared to go there and ask...Hopefully could get a suggestion for a translation shop or something with Thais that will not "look down " on her or whatever...Damn " saving face" stuff gets old

sometimes..Preferably looking for something close to pratunam, where she works....Anyways --thanks for any/all help......BillyB

Billy...email me off air and I will be glad to help you. I'm surprised she said the embassy consular staff wasn't helpful, they are consderd one of the most helpful consular sections of all the embassys. Paparwork is a breeze, should be no problem.

HSTEACH

BillyB6677,

Should you run into problems in the U.S, for whatever reason, you can contact the Friends service committee (Quakers) and or the Catholic churches (Arch dioses) offer some help with immigration problems. They provide people who are trained by I.N.S. to help with paper work and leagle questions, cheaper than a lawyer, and better service. It cost me about $200usd to get the ex-wife processed on a staus violation/change. Lawters wanted $2000and up! good luck, let me know how you make out, I am concidering the same next year!

Billy,

I can't believe that you seem to be leaving her on her own to do this.

Everything in the K1 package comes dual language, English and Thai. One thing you can do is have her send you a photocopy of everything. Then you can see in the English versions the same thing that she sees in Thai.

Regards, JEff

quote:

Originally posted by billyb6677:

Hello all...I am in process of TRYING to get the girlfriend to do the paperwork on her end

<<snip>>......BillyB

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: JEff ]

Billy,

You might consider having your girlfriend stop in at A.C. Service. It is located at 140 Wireless Road, across the street and about a block or two down from the U.S. Embassy. They are familiar with the K-1 visa requirements and can also do the required translations. My girlfriend found them to be very helpful.

Jay,

The answers have to be written in English, for one thing, even if the application is submitted using the Thai-language version of the forms.

More important, not all of the questions on the various forms are easily understood even by Americans. You should realize this yourself from all the requests for help that we see on the various boards.

It's easy once one has done it all, but not always so easy the first time through.

Regards, JEff

quote:

Originally posted by JAYBLOOM:

"I can't believe that you seem to be leaving her on her own to do this.

Everything in the K1 package comes dual language, English and Thai"

Jeff,

What can't you believe? She is Thai. The paperwork is in Thai. Why shouldn't be able to do this work on her own? Jay

Billy,

chok dii khrap

Both getting the visa and afterwards.

Regards, JEff

quote:

Originally posted by billyb6677:

Thanks for the help/suggestions....Yes I am leaving her to do the paperwork and I am helping her as I can...She is 30 years old and if she cannot handle doing a bit of paperwork herself, she will really be having tough time here in USA..

Archived