worst flight

BelgianBoy

Not neccesarily worst flight but worst experience on a flight was with Delta out of Taipei to Portland ( I think).

It was just after Delta bought a lot of the old Pan Am jets an MD11 I think because the Pan Am logos were still visible on many of the interior fittings. I was at the front of the plane in the far right aisle seat.

As the jet rotated and started to leave the ground, I saw one of the service carts come loose in front of me and start rolling down the aisle straight at me.

There was a look of horror on the stewards face as the saw this cart go rolling past them in as they were strapped in for take off.

Automatically I raised my legs up to brace for the impact of the cart, and as it hit me it almost jammed my knees up to my ears, two of the stewards released their seat belts and were trying to pull it off me without much success until the jet levelled out a little and the angle of climb was reduced.

I was just happy I hadn't fallen asleep or was reading or something if it had hit me without warning probably would have smashed my knee caps.

Never had a really scary one myself, but the topic does remind me of what an acquintence who met international flights at Detroit once said: during bad winter storms that closed the airport to all domestic flights, the transcontinental flight still came in! IFR landing and send the snow plows down the runway just before landing?

1) Flight from North Carolina to NY. About 100 feet above the tarmac when an updraft almost rolled the plane over. The pilot turned the plane the other way and we almost rolled over that way. He finally leveled it out and I have never heard jet engines scream so loud. We went straight up like a rocket!

2) NY to Los Angeles. Just reaching take off velocity when we heard a gaint boom from the back of the plane, but it took off anyway. Pilot said it was something to do with the compressor, no problem after that.

Also had a kid in front of me on a flight puke his guts out and it all leaked down through the seat all over my laptop (actually laptop case) that I had stowed there. Does this one count, or only the scares?

DR

Worst flight for me was Pattaya - Koh Samui. Those crappy little propeller planes which offer no stability in flight. I felt like i was on a rollercoaster for the whole time and as we came in to land, the pilot overshot the runway but decided in his wisdom to just drop the plan anyhow. The stewardess at the front came right out of her seat but still managed a smile bless her. As for me, I took the 25 hour train/ferry/bus journey on the way back north.

Archived