CHAKRI Dynasty quizz

pattaya127

Hi,

"12) which King Yule Brynner played in the movie "King and I" (1 point)

King Mongkut (The Monk!!!)"

Easy one if you know that the crownprince in the film was Chulalongkorn - later Rama V (5).

I have to revise Brink's score, who made an honest mistake. I bring it up, because he may want to contest my downscoring, but i leave it up to him to tell what it's all about and you guys decide who's right or wrong. so:

Brink: 18 (July 25 edit, correction ruled out by members)

FlyP 11

elef, zaad, rmorris22: 5

---------------------------------

Blahblahblah127

You must be joking.

To all. P1Billion asked me how I knew about the English translation of the King's name and I informed him that I have had an interest in Thai history, particularly that of the Royal family, since I lived there in the early 90's.

I told him that I remembered it as "Strength of the Land - All Powerful" and looked it up on a Chakri website I have bookmarked to confirm. I then saw that I was slightly off in that it is "Incomparable Power" instead of all powerful.

So if all agree that checking my memory is tantamount to googling, fine adjust my score. At least I admitted that I had to check.

My question is how many people would have even had a fucking clue as to what any of it meant.

What the fuck ever. :rolleyes:

Oh, and just so we can all feel so fucking superior I just did a google and it also comes back as "One who holds incomparable sway over the land." So I guess there is more than one interpretation as to the exact meaning.

As this has taken all of the fun out of these quizzes for me, why don't we just keep my score at zero, as I give fuck all.

Why do you have to be rude and take this all so seriously? I just made a slight adjustment, according to what i think are the rules, while not putting any blame on you. I don't see anything heavy, too serious or finger-pointing in doing that. And i let the guys open to counter it, and see how they understood that rule.

games have rules. it does not mean we take ourselves so seriously, for addressing those rules.

KS,

All P127 said was:

who made an honest mistake...but i leave it up to him to tell what it's all about ..

At this point I had no idea what kind of mistake Brink15 had made. Perhaps because I didn't really care nor did it matter.

Anyway, P127 referred to it as an *honest* mistake. That basically says how serious he takes this quiz and the cheating.

It seems to me Brink15's mood was fired up by their PMs we know nothing about.

yes, there was no PM between me and brink.

I never insinuated he cheated. I don't even consider he did, and my post above, can show that.

the problem is always the same. By now, i take most of you like my good buddies, even if brink and I never met. If we start from that premise, we can easily address points of correction (not even contention) in playing a quizz. But if the thought at reading me is "what is that fucker trying to say?", then yeah, buddie, fucker, not the same outlook.

just think if you play soccer, cards, whatever with your friends. and one says "corner!" and you think it's not. You just say "no way!.... what do you guys think?". and they say "not corner" or "come on, it's a corner, you touched the ball last!". Whatever is decided, no one is really branded with an iron over it.

that's all.

(edit)

ONE MORE THING: members have indeed PM-ed me over Brink's answer, and estimated he was so more damned close to the exact answer than any other his 3 points are deserved. 18 points for brink15. :up::beer:

Archived