NPF Fantasy Football (NFL) is BACK!!!

itsmedave

Yes, it is time once again to sign up your teams for the 3rd year of the NPF Fantasy Football League. We're talking American Football here, not that crap the rest of the world calls football. Yes, here we shall actually score points, crowds will be cheering about the action ON the field, and there shall be no sissy tie scores (because we could all just stay home and not win or lose)...this is sports dammit...are you a winner or a loser!!!

This year, we will again be hosted by yahoo sports, and it will again be totally and completely free to play. The only differences this year are enhanced scoring and statistics, and, as I say each season, this is the year I will emerge as champion.

All are invited to play...even wimpy British types, provided you do your best to be number one. We will have at least 12 teams, 8 of which will make the playoffs. Our draft will not be until just before the season begins, but the sooner you sign up, the sooner you can guarantee your spot in the league and can begin manuevering your players to make the number 1 team.

To sign up, go to: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1 and go to our official league: NPF Fantasy ID # 147808, password: patpong. One team, the Bangkok Barfines are already gearing up for action.

I will give weekly updates as always. and will listen to any suggestions. Hope to see you on the field!

Your friendly yet fierce commish, itsmedave

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Zen master.... :bow: when i am sober enough to sign on , I will , BUT!!!! , can you please tell Pom Michael that Cleveland , ummmmm , sucks ( along with his Suckeyes ) and lead this misguided lad into the land of " Motor city Kitties and Michigan FOOTBALL!!!!!!! ) , thank you , shit , I have to go throw up now with the thought of fucking Ohio State sucking the @#*^%$ from my you know where in 2004 !!!

BadaIlovetoHateOhioStateBing :beer:

SUZIBANDIT said:

The LadyBoys are in for another year and ready to retake their title.

My only request is that you please invite CanaDan to play again -- it wouldn't be the same without that ankle-biting whiner.

Even though he's a mate of our commish , I don't think he could take 17 weeks of ball busting again , me thinks he folded his tent after about week 7 ?

Welcome back to the Hell Hole SB and good luck to your LB's :grinyes: BTW: screw the Seachickens , it's the MCK's this year :neener:

BadadetroiterBing ::

Welcome to the league!!!

Each week your team will face off against another team in our league. A different team each week. The team with the most points gets the win. At the end of the year, the teams with the best W/L records go to the playoffs.

The draft will run sometime in late August. You must rank the players who you would most like on your team (or let the computer do it for you) The computer will draft your team based on your choices as well as the choices from the other team managers.

Good luck, I hope you finish in a solid second place!!!

Dave

Good to see we'll have some new blood this year -- although I still say CanaDan is a must!

OK, I thought about this a bit (had to get my head back into fantasy mode) and the big changes I would propose are mostly structural.

For one, I would move the playoffs forward a week to be weeks 14,15 and 16. This is what most leagues do, as the by week 17 many players are being rested for the playoffs already. Pushing it forward gives teams a greater chance of getting to play their "main" squad in the playoffs.

As for waivers, they can be a pain, but I say they are a must. Without them, there is too great a chance of owners being able to work together to release players. Plus it gives everyone a fair shot at getting a just-released player. I say 2 days is fair.

And now to positions. I see we have it set up as: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Personally, I like the QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/RB, WR/TE, K, DEF and the bench as you have it.

This one gives teams more flexibilty and ability to be creative. We can choose either a third RB or third WR for one position; for the other, the TE/WR position again allows people more flexibility, but also eliminates the need to start a half-assed TE while still allowing the tier 1 TE's to still play.

Anything that makes us more creative could spawn more trades and less hand sitting -- that's a good thing and more fun.

Just my thoughts. Let me know what you guys think, other than the fact that I'm a loser fantasy geek with no friends... I am. :o

Archived