NPF Fantasy Football (NFL) is BACK!!!

itsmedave

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it also raises the stock value considerably of Williams backup...another good reason to not just let the computer rank your players, as they might not move Ricky's value down once they've set it.

Also in, Eddie George (RB) from the Titans has been traded to the Dallas Cowboys...who have also picked up Vinny Testeverde and Drew Henson at QB to comptere with Quincy Carter.

Lots more to come! 10 teams already signed up in just one week. Last year it took about a month to get guys to sign up. NOt too many spots left, so sign up NOW!!!

See I knew I would identify myself as the only fantasy geek. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So any thoughts on my diatribe?

The only one of my suggestions I would say is a must is moving the playoffs forward a week. No one wants to play the championship game with a bunch of scrubbs.

Suzi,

Yes, I was waiting for more feedback before making any decisions.

Here were my thoughts when I set up the league options.

Regarding the waivers/free agency: Last year, I noticed others (including myself) place a quality player on waivers just before the game started on the bye week, and then pick them back up again early the following week. It was just a ploy to be able to pick up somebody for one game and then get back to the starters without sacrificing anything. By not having any delay by which another owner could pick up a player, this can not happen. Also, owners will be rewearded for checking the waiver list more frequently to pick up a recently released player. I thnk it adds to the stategy of the owners.

About the positions: Again, I think being forced to stick with a TE again increases strategy. Do you keep 2 TE's? Also, if a WR can be used in 4 different positions, it will be very diffiult to obtain any when you need them. One WR injured could mean doom for a team because all the owners will be carrying 5 on their roster. There will be nobody left.

On the playoffs: I understand your point, and if I was living in the States I might agree with you. But a major part of this league for me and many here in Bangkok is to keep the games interesting. By week 17 (as you have said) many of the playoff teams are set and the games played are meaningless. With only 2 games shown here, it's a wasted week for us in Bangkok unless we have another reason to watch, as they don't necessarily show the games that have playoff implications. Also, preparing for the playoffs last year, it WAS frustrating, but also exciting, trying to figure out which of my players would play, and which would be sitting to rest for the playoffs. And the last point, it lets our game last for 17 weeks instead of 16. More bang for your buck (even though it's free)

However, I DO understand your point, and if enough others agree, I will change the format.

So, we now have 11 teams signed up. Just one more will fill out the league. Any thoughts about increasing the teams allowed to 14 instead of 12?

OK, 'splain to me how this auto draft thing works. I have a list of players that Yahoo has given me. And a player can only play for one team correct (or not)?

Is it:

A) the computer will take the highest ranked available player on the list when your turn comes up?

-or-

B) players can play on many different teams and that list *is* your team?

If it is A) is I think it is, how is the draft order assigned?

Cheers,

Thonglor Toadies Coaching Staff

Archived