Skating in Bangkok

MrX

Have just discovered ....taking my kid ice-skating in the world trade centre....150 baht entrance including skate hire.....cool environment....surprisingly uncrowded......opens 10 am closes 9 pm...every day....stay as long as you like.....private lessons 300 baht for 30 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

There is also one in imperial world out near Sukhumvit 110 area. The skates are plastic mold and hurt the feet. The last time we went back to Canada we brought our skates back with us. There are some good skaters and the wet t-shirt contest is always interesting as the women fall on the wet ice.

I just I could bring a hockey stick on there. It feels unnatural to be skating without something in my hand.

I miss skating & hockey ... if you can insure me that they have my size in skates (10), I'll bring a couple of sticks and a puck! ... we'll go one on one! ... but, after you kick my ass (maybe, as I'm aging finely), the loser will pay for the suds. Then it will be like one hockey player said to another: "let's get the puck out of here!"

Funny story: I was like Terry O'reilly when he first came up with the Bruins ... because I was the worst skater on my high school's team, I 'appointed' myself as the enforcer (not allowed to mention the Irish coach who probably never even skated) ... one problem though, we played in a Catholic league! ... three fights and you were out for the season. Well, I made an early exit each season ... yup, after 3 games each year ... we lost the the games; but, I won the tilts! ... fond memories , but with a few bruises I must admit. My judo training was quite useful in pulling jerseys over the head, not to mention that I always landed on top! :cover::beer:

Archived