Chance meetings

Encore

Several years ago, i met a bloke in Woodstock, who happened to be a cabbie in my hometown (about 300,000 inhabitants). I forgot his name, and his face but he's a board member.

This afternoon, I got into a cab on my way home. On the dashboard there was a model of a tuktuk. next to it, a Chris Moore novel I hadn't read yet. I remember reading on the board that XXXX had recently been to LOS, more recent then my last trip.

I said "Hi, you must be XXXX" he looked surprised, then worked out who I was, having better memory for faces. he then pulled out a print out of Stickman's latest column, which he had been reading while waiting for a ride.

This is a small world! Nice to meet you again, Mr XXXX

1) I lurched out of the Nana Hotel radioactively hungover :doah: and waltzed straight into Morning Night bar one morning last autumn. I parked my arse on one of the stools looking out at NEP entrance and ordered a beer and tequila sidecar. :beer: A bloke at the next stool reading a newspaper and drinking a beer looked up. It was the cowboy electrician who'd rewired my UK flat about 3 months earlier! :o

I still owed the cunt fifty quid. :(

2) I was in a boozer in Covent Garden, London one afternoon a couple of years ago having a few pints on my own when in walks one of the best pals (divorced Japanese bird in her mid-30s, in London working for a TV company for 6 months, bit of a cracker... :hubba:) of my Jap ex-missus. :down:

Ended up shagging the arse off her every night till it was time for me to leave the UK for the orient again. :applause:

jack :help:

Sat down in "Big Dog's" one night, and the guy sitting next to me, I recognized as the "Health Doctor" on a nightly Honolulu TV station segment. :)

He was not amused that he had been spotted, until I assured him that "What happens in Thailand, stays in Thailand". As was his first visit, I ended up setting him up with a double header, which I'm sure he enjoyed.

Funny though.....the experience never made it into any of his subsequent broadcasts. :)

HT

nice meeting you again ikkrang. That was me meandering as a cabbie the other afternoon. i print a lot of stuff off i want to read off the boards and read between fares.

Went thru US Customs once and was stopped by one of the agents. He told me I had better be careful about how much alchol I brought back - he claimed 'they' were watching me. Then he continued to quiz me. It turned out, he was having a good laugh at my own expense. I grew up in a remote are and he was one of my neighbors.

asiahand said:...nice meeting you again ikkrang. That was me meandering as a cabbie the other afternoon. i print a lot of stuff off i want to read off the boards and read between fares.

Wow! That's handy ? you just saved me a phone call, chief. :up: Can you pick me up in about 20 minutes' time at the 'Nippy Net' Cybercafe outside Stoke Central Shopping Centre (Roach Street Entrance) and run me to the Swiller's Arms pub :drunk: in Burslem via a cashpoint machine and a William Hill betting shop? :up:

There's a hefty tip in it for you if you can get me there before happy hour finishes. :beer:

Cheers,

jack :help:

Jack,

Walked into Liverpool Lil's here in San Francisco the other night, British style pub, with a bit of class for SFO, anyway, a loud obnoxious drunken Brit was acting up a bit, shouting "my name is Jack..." Wasn't you by chance was it? :):beer::drunk: ::

I was sitting at a beer bar in soi seadragon in patong beach about 2 years ago when up walked a guy that looked just like Old Hippie's avatar. Understand I like to keep my board 'anonimity', but not unlike Old Hippy I am a dead fan, an american, and a chronic sanuker. I could not pass up this chance meeting and offered up - 'By any chance are you 'Old Hippie'?'

The guy fit the bill. He was an american from california, had on a tie dye dead shirt, and resembled Jerry Garcia a bit. He of course was not 'Old Hippie', but when I asked him he replied - 'Yes, I guess I am an 'Old Hippie'. Perhaps it was the singha, but I figured that to be a yes

I started talking all kinds of 'board' related stuff and soon he was kind of looking at me as if I were a bit 'baa'. I didn't figure it out until the next day...just kind of shows you the point that how we might percieve someone to be because of the board.....

Archived