Pattaya Show Bars

eyebee

The concept of Show Bars has really taken off in Pattaya at the moment. Without going into too much detail, these are gogo bars that have constant shows throughout the night (a la Angelwitch in Nana - but this being Pattaya, there is more 'show'). :hubba:

The best bars at the moment for these shows are:

Carousel (currently the number 1 IMHO)

Hot Girls

Hooty's

Living Dolls Showcase.

All these are in the Walking Street area. The shows are not your old-fashioned "let's see what a lass can do with her nether regions" type of show, but more choreographed dance-routines, often telling a little story. Some can be erotic, some fun, and others downright hilarious (anyone seen the doctor show at Carousel?). :applause:

Personally, I prefer the shows as they give you something to look at, rather than just gawping at some girls twirling bored out of their minds round a chrome pole. And it also means that the regular dancers (who come on between the shows) get to stay with you for longer periods. :beer:

Just one caveat: most of the bars don't start their shows until around 9:30 - 10:00 and the shows generally finish around 1:00 - 1:30. So don't get there too late or too early!

Any other boardies got opinions?

eyebee,

Agree with all your choices, but still rate Living Dolls Showcase #1 (for eye candy anyway). Hooty's was closed when I was there last month, but I had a great time with 2 of their showgirls last New Year's. Can't picture Hot Girls, is it new?

I like Polo too although it's not much fun when the tour bus arrives with the mob of cola drinkers. I usually go there when I already have a girl as it kind of sucks to go in a bar where you can't barfine the dancers.

Ranger

Yeah, I forgot to mention Polo, and also What's Up - both of which seem to mainly cater to the Asian crowd.

Hot Girls is a new club (owned by Nui of Nui's 1 and 2) and is situated between Lucifer disco and Living Dolls 1. There's a very small entrance, and it's upstairs, so they can get away with a little bit more.

Just a word of warning about Hot Girls, Hooty's, What's Up, and maybe Polo. Don't let a tout take you to these places or you'll be charged a 300 baht entrance fee, which includes a "free" drink. They put a pink ribbon on you so they know who's been touted in. If you want a second drink it'll cost you 150 baht.

However if you just walk in, it's free entry and normal prices for drinks (60 baht for a draught at Hooty's and Hot Girls, 100 for a bottle at What's Up and 120 at Polo). So be warned.

Archived