I Can't Believe I Did This, But...

augustart

I have asked my girlfriend to meet me in Thailand at the end of my three weeks of sanuk. Was this a good idea (a rhetorical question guys I definitely know the answer to it}? I still can't believe I did this, but this should make for an interesting trip report nonetheless.

Why would I do such an anti-sanuk thing? Well, I told my girlfriend that I was going to Thailand (I didn't lie about that to her although she believes I'm going on a business trip which is a lie, sorry everyone but alas I'm not an angel.} A bit of background info. I have been seeing this girl for about three months. Great girl.

Chinese, well-educated, a lot of fun to be with and quite capable in the sack. I'll admit to having used the "L" word with her, but she knows that I'm not interesting in getting married (been down that road before), but like any good woman she believes she can change my mind about the "M" issue. I value the relationship, but not enough to stop sanuking and I know if I tell her about my activities with the pooying I can kiss this relationship goodbye.

Could she sway me to give up the sanuk scene for the big M one day? Never say never as they say, but at 39, I'll be 40 next month, I don't see that happening any time soon, ref the "been down that road before."

Anyway, back to the story. Since I knew I was going to Thailand for three weeks, I told her that I wanted to take her to Cancun, Mexico for a week at the end of August, my birthday, to be together/celebrate. When I set this trip up she was quite happy, but at that time she didn't know about the Thailand trip. Well, I finally told her that I was going to Thailand on business for three weeks. More background. I've been in graduate school for almost a year, full-time. I graduate on September 7th and leave for Thailand that evening. No need to waste time, right. She accepted my story that since I've been in school for so long that my employer, I work for the government, wanted to get me back into action and the swing of things and thus the trip.

Well, since I am going to Thailand, she decides that she would rather go to Thailand with me instead of the Cancun thingy. Problem for augustart. She knows that I have been to Thailand before to work, which is true because my first trip to the LOS was for business. And I have told her all about the sex scene and that I have checked it out but of course I never actually did anything with any of the girls, just barhopping and looking like a good little boy.

She suggested that she join me on the trip, but I told her that I would be too busy to do anything with her during my three weeks of "work" and I didn't think it was a good idea for her to come. She understands and agrees. Of course she then comes up with another great idea, "How about I meet you there after your work is finished and we can spend a week together there?" So when she poses this question, I see me taking her to all the tourist places that I've been to in Thailand--Eden's, Nanaplaza, Soi Cowboy, Clinton plaza, Patpong, and Pattaya. Yes, she'll love it, I thought. LOL. This girl has no desire to see any of the sex scene, thank god/buddha for that. Of course, if there is a silver lining to this whole thing, IF is still the question, then I'll finally go to the tourist places that I have never gone to yet.

To tell her "no" that she should not come to Thailand wasn't really an option for me or at least I felt like it would be the wrong approach. Of course, I run the risk of meeting a pooying that I know and that could be difficult to deal with but not impossible either. She even suggested that she would pay for her own ticket, which I gladly accepted, and share of the cost of the hotel. Now, how many pooying do you know that offer to pay half you hotel cost while in country, LOL.

Question: Since I have always stayed on Sukhumvit at either Amari Boulevard, JW Marriott, Majestic Suites, and once at the Dynasty, I naturally have no desire to spend my one week with my gf in this area. Where is a good area away from there in a hotel costing around 4000 baht per night?

This should be very interesting indeed and actually I think I will enjoy having her here for a week to do the touristy stuff

with. Of course, I do run the risk of being discovered, if you like. I guess I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too, as some people like to say.

Any other advice on how to handle this situation in addition to where I should stay with her. I will definitely do a trip report this time around. As a matter of fact, I haven't done one since my first trip in 99 so I am due one. I might just write one up from my last trip in March/April time frame.

Thanks for letting me vent/share this with the board. I'm sure by the time she arrives I'll have had my share of sanuk with the pooyings. Of course when she steps off the plane she'll be in need of some attention too so I'll have to plan for that too.

augustart

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: augustart ]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help you with the hotel part, but there are plenty of members that can!

I'd hold on to that Chinese gal! Don't piss her off!

Does she have any friends like her, or even a sister? (I live in suburban Maryland/DC).

Have a great time in LOS!

Try the Peninsula, 5 Star, and in your price range. It's across the river from the main danger zone for you, but still accessable to the Sky Train.

If you stay on Sukhumvit, Murphy's Law will get you, so its a choice of across the river or up the creek without a paddle when you encounter a b/g acquaintance on Suk.

I can't help but as is oft quoted on this board you're bringing 'sand to the beach' or 'coal to newcastle'

Stay as far away from the NEP and those other areas. Come up with a few of the 'other' sites in Bangkok.

Others more worthy and knowledgeable than myself can help you plan this better. I guess what needs to be known is do you wish to do any sanuking for the week and how to get it done while she's there or just to keep her away from the 'red light' areas so she doesn't suspect anything. My guess is she does, but I'm a suspicious person.

I'm going to shoot from the hip here so feel free to ignore me (smile)

I think you've gone stark raving bonkers and she has nicely backed you into a corner. She's playing those crazy woman games seeking evidence of your infidelity or seeking to reassure herself she has you well and truly under the thumb.

Either way my thoughts are you should have said the schedule is way too tight, we'll go away together somewhere else some other time.

p.s. Just my take on things. Not surprisingly I am single and romantically challenged (amongst other defects).

Pps I am very happy though

My opinion is:

If she's an ABC (born in america) she may not know entirely what's going on.

If she's from China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan she knows what you're doing.

I can't help you as such, but I would suggest that you stay at your "new" hotel at least a few days before your g/f arrives so that you can familarise yourself with the area and get on at least nodding acquatiance with some of the staff.

Otherwise you won't half look an idiot getting lost as soon as you step outside the hotel.

Apart from that, good luck, I think you'll need it cool.gif" border="0

Hi Auguststart,

I think that if she is coming to visit you in Thailand, then you should take her to see Thailand.

Koh Samui is nice, there are also trips which can be arranged rather inexpensively to visit the Bridge ove the River Kwai, and other very nice places in Thailand.

Bangkok ain't Thailand.

If there are things she wants to see in Bangkok, liek the Royal Palace and so forth those are away from the entertainment venue.

Good advice from the previous poster regarding familiarizing yourself with the new hotel and area before she gets there, including places to eat and so forth.

Just my thoughts,

Milford

quote:

Originally posted by TGreamer:

My opinion is:

If she's an ABC (born in america) she may not know entirely what's going on.

If she's from China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan she knows what you're doing.

Think so? Let's meet up some day and I'll tell you the tale of me and my (now ex-) mainlander wife.

Archived