I Can't Believe I Did This, But...

augustart

"my one week with my gf in this area. Where is a good area away from there in a hotel costing around 4000 baht per night?"

One hotel you might want to check out is the Crowne Plaza on Silom, far enough away to be safe, yet close enough if she wants to see the Patpong "night market." Good food and great breakfast buffet and quite. Also, close enough to the Oriental and river transportation. Very nice hotel, very busy and doubles are in your range (see Asiantours.com). Nice little Thai place to the right on Silom and a Robinson's, chemist and grocery across the street.

Suggest Floating Market and Roseland tour, that'll keep you out of trouble as will a trip to Phuket.

Good luck!

[

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: Pauhana ]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with stump_dog. All women have a sixth sence and know if their man is fooling around. It seems she has given you the benefit of the doubt but is playing you like a trout. The danger light is flashing!

Hi,

How about doing all your partying in the Sukhumvit area and then when your gf arrives show her Patpong. This way she gets to see the nightlife and you severly reduce the chance of bumping into an 'acquintance'.

I would also suggest leaving the city for a couple of days, take her to Hua Hin or Phuket for instance.

Sanuk!

Everyone,

I appreciate the various replies. Very helpful. I agree that this is risky, but I felt that if I told her no, which I could have done, it would just make her all the more curious about my activities. I could definitely be wrong, but one trip to Thailand may be enough to satisfy her interest in Thailand. She hates the thought of the long flight, especially after I told her it was longer than flying back to Beijing to see her family. If sh#t were to hit the fan during the trip, I'll just have to deal with it. Thankfully she only wants to stay in Bangkok for a couple days. She wants to see the country and says she doesn't want to deal with Bangkok. She is not a big city person and prefers the outdoors and nature. I know this for a fact since we have been camping several times already, did some canoing, and hiking on the Appalachain(sp) trail.

To Teacherwannabe: Her sister and the rest of her family live in Beijing. Her sister is much pretty than her too. All her Chinese girlfriends, according to her, only like Chinese men, because I have tried to hook up a couple friends so far with no luck.

Jack22: Thanks for the recommendation and the reminder about good old Murphy.

Chocolat Steve: I have no plans to sanuk after she arrives, except with her of course.

She is very aware of the scene because I have described it in detail to her. Plus her father, he's a doctor, has been to Thailand and told her about the scene so she is quite aware of it.

Stumpdog: Appreciate your point of view.

You may well be right, especially about me being stark raving bonkers.

TGleamer: No she isn't an ABC, born, raised, and educated in Beijing. You're right, she if quite aware of the deal there.

David66: Very good piece of advice and I will do exactly that. Thanks.

Milford: You're right and that is the plan.

I've been to Koh Samui before so if we do the beach thing it will probably be Phuket. I haven't been there yet.

Pauhana: Thanks for the recommendation. The floating market sounds interesting and I think she even mentioned this to me.

Pantip: Agree the danger light is flashing. That's one reason why I'm thinking a few days in Chiang Mai would be nice since she wants to get into the countryside.

Khun Sanuk: I agree. I typically party at Nanaplaza and Cowboy when I'm in Bangkok. I actually spend more time in Pattaya than I do Bangkok, which may be of some benefit. I have only been to Patpong twice. Never taken a girl from there so if she were to want to see the red light area, then we would go to Patpong. Thanks.

Again, thanks to all for the advice. I'll keep everyone posted about how this all unraves.

augustart

My old lady is from the Bejing area also and came to the US via Hong Kong. She knows exactly what goes on in SEA and seeing your lady is not an ABC I think she's hip to what you are doing too.

I've only admitted going to Phuket for fishing and told her not many girls there but came home with a monster hickey once that let the cat out of the bag. Now every time I go she lectures me "don't play with dirty girls and bring some diease back".

My lady goes to visit her parents for 2 weeks a year (which gives me the excuse to pull solo vacations). She once tried to arrange to meet me in Bangkok and I told her: it's too hot and sweaty, dirty, Thais hate Chinese, and anything else I could to discourage her (it worked).

Agree with the one dude that said hang on to her. Marry a Chinese and play with TGs.

Glad to hear there's someone out there feeding his lady a bigger line of BS than me. Good luck dude.

I can recommend two very nice hotels on Rachada; the Emerald and the Merchant Court. Both of them will cost only around 2800 THB with breakfast. However, there are quite a few massage parlors nearby. Both hotels are very close to the Robinson department store.

Hunnia

quote:

Originally posted by TEDBKK:

Think so? Let's meet up some day and I'll tell you the tale of me and my (now ex-) mainlander wife.

Sounds cool I'd like to hear it.

About Chinese ladies: They're smart and can make good money in America which allows me to spend my money on vacations and TGs.

If it were me, I would do all my "business" in

Phuket and save Bkk for her.

Still, the thai bar girl grapevine/gossip is faster than the speed of light.

IMHO, ur gonna get bruned. so have fun and worry about it when it happens.

( and hope you have some "power" left for your gf)

The board really seems to rally around protecting its own-- you gotta like that.

I can only add a couple of things. First, and its been said before, but seems worth repeating, is during your trolling hours, you may wish to go by an assumed name. That way, should the unlikely happen, and you are out with your one and only, and a friend calls out to you, she will be asking for Mike when your name is Dan.

Second, I stayed at the Emerald recently. Nice digs. Can get it for as low as 1500, especially if you book through a travel agent. And the striking distance to upscale massage is unprecedented. Check out Poseidon if you have a day or two before her arrival (also, Nataree and Emmanuelle). It is also an easy cab ride to Patpong.

The Beer Pub down the street from there is a good date place with live music, alot of seating, a menu that covers all tastes, and a great mix of tourists and locals.

And the stellar advice to get out of town straight away to Phuket or elsewhere is sage advice. Except, the Phuket beer bar scene takes you out of the frying pan, and right into the fire. (But the quality is far superior in BKK, by a longshot).

Good luck and enjoy. wink.gif" border="0

Sawadee khun Augustart, 'hono' here--just wanted to say Hi to my ole' buddy from Sept. '99 (gosh, I still remember those days). First, congrats on getting your Masters. Gee, that was quick! smile.gif" border="0

As far as hotels, you might want to check out sites like www.asiatravel.com, and see what's out there in the financial district near the river, and away from Sukhumvit (cause you know how effective the BG coconut wireless is in Bkk).

Sounds like you're ready to enjoy the best of both worlds--LOL! As for me, the wife and I are doing well in the Aloha state. Hope you can visit sometime. Chok dii,

Archived