Unashamed plug for the Beergarden in soi 8

soongmak

This place should not be misstaken for the beergarden in soi 7, off course. Coming from sukhumvit, it is situated on the right hand side, about 200 metres in the soi.

I think this place started out as a bar, and has been turned in a restaurant now. No airconditioning, but if you can make do with a fan, this is a fine place to eat. They have a great array of thai food, prices start from 75 baht upwards. All the dishes I tried were good. My (thai) wife liked to eat there as well, and they even make a decent coffee (no Nescafe-shit). Toilets are spotless, service is decent, a fine place to eat. No need to dress up, this is a relaxed restaurant.

Cheers,

soongmak

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also recommend the beergarden- I eat there all the time. There's a big selection of food- it's good and it's very reasonable. Have seen the place transform over the years but this restaurant format is by far the most successful.

On the subject of soi 8, what's the deal with Corleone's? I thought it was going to be a funky little Italian restaurant but was disappointed to see it turn into yet another bar with pool tables. One night a couple of weeks ago I was passing the place in a taxi and saw a hell of a fight spill out- two guys were taking swings at each other. One got the other one in a headlock and was promptly booted in the head by what looked like farang bar staff. Didn't fill me with enthusiasm for having drinks there.

Archived