sanook in Vietnam

Bakkabon

Hi Bakkabon.

Nha Trang's a nice little town, but developing fast! Lots of dive shops and the like springing up now.

Some nice day-trips by boat you can do from there even if you don't dive.

Sanuk scene very quiet in Nha Trang. Best bet is to try and find a "hairdresser" somewhere that has blacked-out windows and try your luck there. (Report back if you have any success of course! :) )

I went to about 3 bars in Nha Trang, (admittedly not looking for sanuk at the time), and was never approached or saw any girl who may have been a freelancer.

Also try a massage parlour and see what happens.

You shouldn't pay any more than $5 USD for a handjob, $10USD for a blow job or $20USD for a "full service". But a lot of the massage places in Vietnam have a window in the door of your cubicle, so people can look in anytime they want. (Some might say it adds to the excitement for them, but when your massage girl is choking your chicken under a towel while anxiously looking over her shoulder, it doesn't really do it for me I have to admit).

More available in Saigon. Especially in the Dong Koi area where there is a strip of girlie bars - some seedier than others. Big pressure for lady drinks in these places. About $2USD for a beer though and same for a lady drink. But in my experience, the girls would get the lady drink (straight cola), skull the lot then ask for another one. ::

Its illegal for local girls to go to your hotel room in Vietnam, (though some hotels will turn a blind eye, just not worth the hassle IMO). Always best to go with the girl to a short time hotel. As for price, up to your negotiating skills. I got 2 girls from different bars down to $30USD for 2 hours, plus $10USD for the room. And really nice hotels they were too. But in both cases their starting price was $50USD for them and $20USD for the room - so both are negotiable!!!

Pimps are far more noticable in Vietnam too, and in both cases for me a young guy followed us on motorbike (we were in a taxi) and then waited outside the hotel while we had our fun. A little disconcerting and in-your-face, but its the way it is.

Also watch out if a girl propositions you whilst she rides past on a motorbike (particularly a "Spacey")... almost definitely a katoey!

Make sure you let us know in a trip report how you get on.

Good luck!

FlyP

any towns or places like Pattaya or Patpong there,

None whatsoever.

ill mostly be in a place called Nahr Trang any one been there or know if its like Thailand?

You could compare it to a town like Krabi perhaps, or Hua Hin ten years ago - without the girls.

Nha Trang is a pleasant beach town but is developing with package flights coming in from France / UK, so is fairly 'tourist tacky'. The bar scene is not for single men. More couples, a lot of twenty-somethings. Bars have farang girl customers rather than Vietnamese bargirls - behind the bar too.

My advice: don't go to Vietnam for P4P.

You won't see garish neon signs and tons of bars like in Ptty or PP but p4p is still available in nha trang. There is/was a bar just off the beach called the Zippo where a couple of taxi girls used to hang out. All fairly low key. They used to have Mamma Han's Green Hat tours out to the nearby islands for $10 US. Food, booze and dope. Still, it used to attract mainly a backpacker crowd and not p4p chicas.

Better results to be had further south in Vung Tau. Again no garish neon bars but couple of little places if you know where to look. Haven't been for several years but was not a bad place. Used to be lots of big fat Russian mommas there too, think it was something to do with Russians working in the nearby oil industry. Little historical fact, the Australians used to be based around there during the war and it was also just off Vung Tau that the US carriers waited for the evacuation in 75.

I'm glad someone mentioned the shack ridden Mekhong Delta town - Vung Tao.

It probably will suffice for the daily dose of sleaze and transgressions :grinyes: The program is simple. Buy a ticket on Pham Ngu Lao for a few bucks and then its a hydrofoil hop from scenic Saigon.

Locals say its cleaner now, which can only be good. Front Beach used to be repugnant if you actually wanted a beach. IMHO, though the bars here are alot more open about FS, and what have you just don't be shy to look around.

HOLD ON though. To enjoy anything in Vietnam you must wash every image of Thailand, Philippines, or the like out of your head. Why? because its not the same. no,no ,no.

In Vietnam you're not talking a come-one-cum-all sort of bananza.

I cannot quote prices there because I have not been in a year or two, but I heard good things off an Aussie resident of that area last month when I was in Central Vietnam :dunno: He was a burly sort of lad, with a sinister disposition.

However, my two satang is Danang. You can get full service there for 20US no problem at massage parlours and bars it just takes a bit of hunting. They have China Beach, and expat bar 'The Cool Spot' plus a nice airport the American government built for them.

Head North Young Man,

the_numbers

I spent some time in Vung Tau earlier this year.

An unremarkable port 'blown up' by the oil boom. Too geographically diffuse - say like Sihanoukville. Big hotels, very concretized.

Reminded me a lot of Aberdeen.

Some bars:

Purple Night - a couple of cute staff

The Red Parrot - Bia Hom (like Soi 33)

Oil Men's Bar - Mamasan setup

The Royal Hotel (room 35usd) lets you take girls from the Oil Men's place next door.

Lots of heroin addicts with curiously puffy, whitened faces on motorbikes....

IMHO don't go for P4P.

However, the tunnels at Cu Chi shouldn't be missed

• 3 weeks later...

Well iam here in Nhatrang and very happy to report that P4P is well and truley alive and very interesting as well. Its not in your face as such but i was approched by girls on motor bikes wanting also every night club have free lancers last night i was at the disco at the sailing club an open air event i was approched by maybe 10 girls all on the job for about 1500 baht for the night but its very hard to talk to them as the police keep chasing them away from you as soon as it gets down to business they get told to fuck off by the cops. Ill give it another go tonight and post back tommorow to tell of my efforts if you dont hear from me by midnight some one send some bail money. ::

The sailing club?

Was that the rather cheesy place with an Italian restaurant? Heading along the main coast road from town, towards the direction of the airport and old port? I think I went there, during the day, and if my memory serves me well it was popular for wedding receptions as there were a couple in wedding garb getting photographed out back.

Keep us updated as to the latest happenings in town.

Aside, there was a large round covered market in the middle of town where I got a couple of bags to fill with my Hoi An suits/shirts. The bags are still in use today. Pity about the suits though. ::

Archived