visa clampdown?/

keith doug

Hi,

"There may be an exaggerated sense of how difficult it is for Thais to get visas to the U.S. given"

I would tend to agree with this.

One of the reasons that people seem to think that just about every visa application is rejected is because we tend to only hear about people trying to get their bargirl girlfriend a visa (and often showing up as you described).

I would bet that most of the 'normal' Thais would not have any problems getting a tourist visa to the U.S.

Anyway, does anybody have a list of the 17 countries that are still OK?

Sanuk!

Khun Sanuk--

Agreed.. and good point.. It's a matter of perspective.. Just like saying that "ALL Bangkok girls are in the scene".. If you stood outside of NEP or Soi Cowboy you'd sure think this.. but we all know that this is not even close to being true...

.. a matter of perception...

If you were to spend a month at the embassy watching ALL the visa applications come in and go out, I'm sure you'd find that a rather large number of them are approved in normal order and with little fuss.. In all honesty the embassy (for all their detractors and short-comings) does a pretty good job (overall) of executing their duties.. They approve visas to those that really should be granted one and deny visas to those who really should not be getting them.

While we may disagree with the visa policy, IMHO, the embassy staff (as a whole) does a rather good job at completing this task.

Plus, having used the services of various embassies on all six continents, I can honestly say that the BKK staff is one of the better ones on a world-wide basis..

This is not to say that I like the visa policy, or that I think it is "fair" or even "rational". However, it is a statement to say that I think you get pretty good service from them and that they do their jobs fairly well.

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived