Not your typical night out !!!

stonepony

The little one and I grabbed some food around 6:00pm and went to Queens Park, (not sure if this is the name but it is right next to the Emporium shopping complex) to relax. We watched the kids play in the jungle gym area while we ate near the entrance of the park, but then we headed to the back of the park where the real action was happening. Here are a few highlights.

1. There is a skateboard area that has all the things that skateboarders love. There was a concrete mini ramp, it had some rails to grind on and #$*@^ and the (*@^# and also #(^&%@. Sorry not up to date with the lingo these days. Now there was approx 20 boarders attempting various tricks and I don?t think in the 10 minutes I watch I saw one of them pull one off. But they do get an ?A? for effort. :applause:

2. Not sure what the name of the sport is but I?m sure you?ve all seen it, SAME SAME volleyball but different. Where they use their feet instead of their hands. Not sure how they do it but they are like cats, kicking the ball when it is above their heads and still landing on their feet. Very entertaining to watch.

3. There was a full court basketball game going on, and here is my biggest surprise ::, these guys can play ball. It was a very up-tempo game at high speeds; even when the fast break was shut down the half count game was high octane. Everybody was always moving. Afterwards when the organized full court game was done, there were half court games being played, even two girls got into the action. They asked me a few times if I wanted to play (didn?t have the right shoes) but did shoot around with them. A very friendly bunch of kids.

4. And here is the highlight of the evening. I don?t think I have ever laughed so hard. :hubba: Watching the ladyboys play some serious volleyball. That?s right, you read it right. Not sure what percent were ladyboys, I?m guessing about 50% (with breasts and long hair), but definitely they were all gay with some very interesting characters in the bunch. Some of the celebration when they won the point/set were classic. Again, I cannot emphasize how good these players were, and how much power they had behind the spikes.

The light turned out at 9:00pm, so the little one and I left and hit a few pool halls, gogo bars and closed the night out at Nana Disco. So if you?re tired of the same old thing night after night, head on out to Queens Park to start out your evening hanging with the locals, you will definitely be entertained.

Yes, Queen's Park is the name, as is Benjasiri. Same-same.

The vollyball-like game is sepak takraw (literally, "kick the cane ball" in Bahasa). Awesome to watch. I do often. There is a 40-something guy there that dresses like Ad Carabao (but is not him) who is incredible to watch.

Yes, the basketball kids and not so youg guys are quite friendly and can play pretty well. This ol Tiger has been known to get into some 3-on-3 games there, but about died last time (shitty cardio shape and it felt like my knee was going to blow out for the fourth time) so I do not know if I will again anytime soon.

I have never seen the ladyboy vollyball. Have to go look for that one one day LOL! Sounds like a trip.

Cheers,

SD

Archived