Fiancee visa interview this week

Well, after all the delays, my fiancee's visa interview is this week. Took about 4 months to get the approval from the INS, and then I was told by the embassy in BKK that it has been taking anywhere from 2-12 weeks for the approval notice to get to them, with the mail slow-down due to the anthrax scare. So I FedEx'ed the original approval I received in the mail to her, and she hand- delivered it to the embassy. The usual 2-4 weeks for an interview was sped up by the good rapport she established with the lady at the counter, and they gave her an interview for 6 days later.

Unfortunately, this messed up my time table as I will be in LOS in 3 weeks, and had planned to be at the interview. But she seems determined to go alone, and get it out of the way. I'm not too worried about it, she's very intelligent and speaks reads and writes excellent English, but I'm still going to be a basket-case until Thursday!!

Wish us luck, and light a candle for Buddha....

PakWaan,

I remember going through some anxiety when my fiance went for her interview. I was fortunate enough to be able to accompany her to it, but it wasn't really necessary. The questions she was asked were very basic, the interviewer was quite nice, and there were no trick or probing questions. The questioning took about 5 minutes. Your fiance should do fine wih it.

Does Pakwan mean sweet lips in Thai?

Anyway, good luck!!! Please let us know how it turns out. I worshiped my Buddha on your behalf tonight. It is an Indian Buddha, but I'm pretty sure that it counts, nevertheless.

smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

Vtombrown,

as I understand it, Pakwan=sweet mouth.

Literally translated, that's what it means. In common usage, though, it means "sweet talker" - a nickname my fiancee branded me with 2 years ago, and it stuck. Literally - it's tattooed on my arm in Thai script

laugh.gif" border="0

Archived