Difficulties adapting to Life with a Thai Chid

sinsin2

I am sorry that I do not have comforting words. He is heading into the age when its worst to control him, the rebellion yrs..

You have to fix this fast TB, or it can not be done at all.

My eldest step son thrieved on my fatherly concern. He had not seen that before, and missed a dad so much. Maybe thats your hope?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Yes you are right...my second marriage involved a child of hers ...and was not a happy time ...loved ""his""dad and i was blocked most times .

My new son does not know "his' dad and wants me to be his dad...all fine by me btw.

Just a mess at the moment...time will tell.....i hope.

• 1 month later...
check_bin_krap said:

"Violence is something that should be used only in extremely limited cases and should ready be nothing more IMO than just a tic on the hand or the like.

It's true that Thais are very lenient it seems, with their children, and almost seem to accept about everything they pull."

Its not my experience with Thais. Ex spanked youngest step son really hard once, I was cringing and hated it... She used that weapon seldom though. Both my step sons remember the few occasions today.

Maybe she was right. She was too lenient when the youngest one was about 14-15-16 though, and we had fights about it. I think a more strict regime at that time would have benefitted him today.

I have the same experience. My wife ran ?her kid? hard with extra curriculum, and when he tried to complain about anything she said his name in a shrill shrill voice and raised her hand. The kid did was intelligent (top two in his class) and he was disciplined.

I have talked to my wife and explained that while I agree with her strictness, there is no way any form of physical discipline will be used on our child.

About the case in question, you can do little before your wife starts cooperating. You are a step dad and if your wife doesn?t play along the kid will most likely only start resenting you, while playing his mom.

The number one issue with children in my view is consistency, clear lines, predictable consequences and the will to follow through. I work a lot with Autists and Asperger?s though, so I might be coloured a bit :)

Archived