How can I help this woman?

jasmine

[color:"red"]Hence, the use of a "title search", which EVERY bank in the US requires before granting a mortgage to buy property.

[/color]

That is a true statement. In my case, the lawyer just informed the mortgage company, I was not aware of any title search, this was in Louisiana.

In her case, the way I could gather that a lawyer did the transaction and she understood it only means he was reponsible for the the mortgage NOT the equity also. Of course the permission was given from the lender.

I got a e-mail that she understood the above. In a way I think there is something fishy about the down payment money (at least the $25,000). With all (everyone) posts, I have been thinking why would someone keep that much in their house, not very secured!!! I am confused now! :(

I was in trying to help many Thai women before and found out later that most cases they lied, depending on the degrees of course, so now I am confused again :o

Jasmine

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'I was in trying to help many Thai women before and found out later that most cases they lied, depending on the degrees of course, so now I am confused again'

Jasmine, that might be the reason why the lawyers don't like to work for Thai woman? Difficult to do your job and be prepared when important facts are left out during the briefings. Even worse when the client is caught in a lie before the court.

Thai women have the bad reputation (how to say it without offending you?) to be creative with facts. After having seen a few it must be really difficult for a judge to be unprejudiced.

This woman doesn't need your help now. When she looses the house, then the kids might need help.

Hope I said it nice enough. Anyway it's not limited to Thais or asians, you will find it all over the world.

For sure you already met some dishonest westerners.

It's just that we aren't used to it that much and therefore more vulnerable to lies and scams. Especially with our approach to believe everything until we can proove it wrong. Many of us still believe in 'virgin' mary so it's quite easy to believe in sick buffaloes.

Archived