Doggie-mony

Steve

I just heard on the radio that a Canadian man who was married with no children, divorced his wife. The couple had a St. Bernard dog. The ex wife got custody of the dog and claims it costs her $200 Canadian dollars a month to take care of the pooch. You guessed it, judge awarded her $200/month and the worst of it is he doesn't get visitation rights. The reporter on the radio said the $200/month award is 1/3 of what the average payment is for a child. I wish I had the actual article. Maybe some of our Canadian members have heard of the story and can elaborate. I tried to relay the story as accurate as possible from what I heard. If I'm missing anything please post.

You know what I'm thinking...I'm sure you are thinking the same and it smells like what the St. Bernard drops on the grass each day.

Its more an indictment of the western judicial system than anything else. 30 years ago no divorce lawyer would dare present that motion to the court. The judge, after he stopped laughing, may even sanction him if he got a real hard ass judge.

Its the judiciary that's at fault for granting BS like this.

Archived