Websites in Thai (narrative, history, sci-fi ...)

FIGJAM

Hi all, does anyone know of websites in Thai where narrative, history, sci-fi (or whatever else) texts can be found?

They don't have to be Thailand related, translations of "farang" works are also great (if not better).

My wife loves to read but her English is not good enough to let her enjoy the reading of an English text. Besides, she is learning Italian and forgetting English... ;)

The funny thing is that my mother is a teacher in Literature, History and Geography and in our house there are tons of books which she would love to read but can't (well, for now) :neener:

TIA, FIGJAM.

P.S. Should somebody have Thai texts on DOCs, PDFs, TXTs (or any other formats) I would appreciate it very much if they could send me a copy.

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Have her try doing a search using Thai text, this will likely produce some pages.

Sanuk!

Thanks for the response. I was already "googling" anyway (in English) and so was my wife (in Thai), but as always it's difficult to separate the good stuff from the junk you find in internet. I am rather skilled at using search engines but since I can't read/write Thai I can't really help her in this case.

We were looking for recommendations for specific sites from readers of those kind of websites.

I have to say that we have not had much luck so far. I have posted that same question on many boards but very few replies and all of them were about websites about the Thai History (a subject which is already too much and too wrongly taught in Thai schools...).

My wife is uni graded and very much interested in the world history and farang literature, novels etc.

Unfortunately her English is the kind of English you get after 16 years in the Thai school system... :p

Ciao

Archived