30+ days stay in Thailand

NongSung

I could not wait any longer so I had my ticket changed one week earlier (arriving Sunday); but now the total duration of my stay in LOS is 34 days (and I don't have a visa). Today I'm trying to contact the local Thai Embassy but my question is 'do I have a problem entering Thailand without a visa for 30+ days?

Regards,

NongSung

You will be given permission to stay 30 days when you enter thailand probably/automatically(?) ( technically I believe it is not a visa) if you are from one of the designated countries ( do a search for the list). After that you can extend quite easily for 10 days for about 2000 baht..All this is perfectly legal to the best of my knowledge.

Only problem could be when you try to board your flight to come here and the airline doesnt like you having no visa...I dont know....

There really is no problem, 30 day visas are granted on arrival. Small overstays are routine. When you depart, you will sent to a special line and charged B200 per day overstay.

If you should take any side trips during your visit, Cambodia or Singapore for example, your visa will automatically be renewed for another 30 days on re-entry thus eliminating any problem.

If you have time, stop by Gullivers on Soi 5 any Friday between 6pm and 8pm by the dining room window and meet other board members.

Dave

Hi!

There really is no problem

Although you're probably right about the Thai immigration there could be a major problem when he checks in at the airport. This depends on the person at the check in counter and probably also which airport.

I once checked in at Arlanda (Stockholm) with a return trip 31 days after my arrival. The wannabe gestapo officer at the counter refused to check me in. I tried to explain to her that the return flight departs one hour after midnight and I will pass through immigration on day 30. I could just as well have tried to explain the fist law of thermodynamics to a brick wall. I refused to leave the counter and insisted that she would get her boss or a representative of Thai air or the station manager in precisely that order. Fortunately her boss had a functioning brain but it was a close shave. As always, give small people power and they will inevitably use it to show how small they are.

regards

ALHOLK

Do not overstay - obtain a 10 day extension of stay at an immigration office.

But the real problem could be getting onto the aircraft as they may want to see a return ticket within the 30 days allowed. If you can not obtain a visa allow extra time at check in to allow for purchase of a full fare ticket (refundable) if airline gives you a problem.

NongSung said:

I could not wait any longer so I had my ticket changed one week earlier (arriving Sunday); but now the total duration of my stay in LOS is 34 days (and I don't have a visa). Today I'm trying to contact the local Thai Embassy but my question is 'do I have a problem entering Thailand without a visa for 30+ days?

Regards,

NongSung

Hi BB,

Consulate can't help me on such a short notice (the consul is on holiday!). So it's either the Embassy or nothing.

But today is wednesday and I'll fly saturday...

I was lucky to send a friend of me to Embassy in Brussels this morning and it looks that I'll have my visa friday!

Keep my fingers crossed because I don't want to be excluded from the Frankfurt flight...

Thanks for all the info,

regards,

NongSung

NongSung said:

Hi BB,

Consulate can't help me on such a short notice (the consul is on holiday!). So it's either the Embassy or nothing.

But today is wednesday and I'll fly saturday...

I was lucky to send a friend of me to Embassy in Brussels this morning and it looks that I'll have my visa friday!

Keep my fingers crossed because I don't want to be excluded from the Frankfurt flight...

Thanks for all the info,

regards,

NongSung

NS,

Normally if you go in person, you can obtain the visa on the spot.

Good luck on you, and have a nice flight, I got back yesterday through Frankfurt......

BB

Archived