Ajarn.com Forum Hacked To Death

ultras67

I know this may not be of interest of a lot of people but

Ajarn.com discussion board has been hacked again for something like the 4th time in the last month. Each time Phil and Marko have tried different boards and whatnot to keep a step ahead of the hacker. But to no avail. The latest hack taking place on Tuesday night. :onfire:

At the moment, there are a lot of rumours about who is doing and why but no real proof. It seems like whoever it is has now succeeded as the following is now on the front on Ajarn.com

"Ajarn discussion board - end of an era

The ajarn discussion board forum was hacked into again on Saturday night (14th August) for what seemed like the umpteenth time. After lots of support from the previous board members, we moved to a totally new board with completely new software. And tonight (Tues 17th) we were hacked again and the board was totally destroyed.

Enough really is enough this time. I have no intention of starting the forum up again and Marko (who supported us with the technical duties) feels exactly the same way. It's time to move on to other projects and spend our free time a bit more wisely.

I want to say a massive thank you to the hundreds of members who have supported the ajarn forum over the last few turbulent years. It's been a real roller-coaster ride for sure, but a lot of people showed a lot of spirit.

The ajarn.com forum was always special to me as I know it was to a lot of people. The saddest thing about all this is that we now have to start getting all our information from barstool experts - and none of us want that. It will be like putting the clock back to the more uncertain times before the internet came along. I wish the members the very best of luck for the future.

Perhaps someone else fancies having a go at a teachers board (hell I'll even promote it for you) but I know that I've done my share. "

As I said, a lot of you will have no interest in this board or might not even have heard of it but there are a quite a few current and ex and maybe a few potential teachers out there who now have nowhere to go. :(

It may not have beent he best board in the world as it did have problems but it was the best we had.

The point of this post ? Well, to all you techies out there, if you know of a secure message board please let phil know. To all the teachers, please let phil know he was doing a good job and he should continue. Hopefully it can be securely up and running soon.

Maybe it should be noted as warning to all who run boards that if you do disgruntle a member with IT knowledge, check your security.

From the man himself, Phils latest Ajarn discussion board update.

The ajarn discussion board saga continues to have more twists and turns than Blackpool's big dipper. The latest news is that we have decided to keep the forum going. Yes that's right - we are keeping things up and running. I'm going to very much take a back seat for a while and leave things in the capable hands of Louis (LDMA), our man in Songkhla. He's confident that he can keep the board on track and that's good enough for me.

It's at times like this that you get to know who your friends are. I want to give a very special mention to George at Thaivisa.com who has opened a new forum for Thailand teachers on his own very successful discussion board. I don't think that teachers can have access to too much information and I've asked George to keep the teachers forum going on his own site as well. It can't do any harm. I sincerely hope you will check out both forums and actively post on both as well. Check out the Thaivisa teachers forum here

What a day! What a day! Even my old friend Khun Sanuk from Nana Plaza.com got in touch and offered us a place on his forum. I was genuinely touched by the gesture.

KS is da man :bow:

Ah, light dawns. I thought that was it for that forum. I received an email just now stating that the forum was still going be continuing and I was a little confused.

For what it's worth I think that if anything similar happens like this in the future then the hacking should not be acknowledged. It only gives the hacker a hard-on to see the effect his 'work' has had. An obvious wanker, whoever it was...

Archived